PDA

View Full Version : Job interview in the morning.

eeyorelover
07-12-10, 07:47
Hey everyone.
I finally have a job interview in the morning and I'm FREAKING OUT!

Don't get me wrong. I want a job...We definitely need the money...but I've been sitting at home on my rear for a year and truthfully I like it:blush:

I'm not sure how much of it is my agoraphobia telling me I don't really HAVE to go out and get a job. The trap of being so comfortable and feeling safe in my own little world, playing by my rules.
Or my SA telling me in the back of my head that no one is going to like me and every word out of my mouth will sound like...DORK DORK DORK DUMB DUMB DUMB.....:wacko:
And the all important....how can I sleep half the day and stay insomniac all nite long if I have to get up in the morning! LOL

So on the one hand I know what I need to do and on the other the little anxiety voice inside of me is trying to sabotage me and put all these negative thoughts in my head.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So wish me luck, say a prayer for strength and non-dorkiness for me if you would please.

And dear Lord please don't let these ladies I'm interviewing with be looking for a makeup wearing, girly girl cuz if that is part of the criteria, I'M SO SCREWED!!

That's the job I need!
Looking for a tell it like it is, no bull, no makeup wearing gal who thinks dressing up is wearing a bra and shoes, who thinks a great looking outfit is one that doesn't have any spots from god knows what on it, doesn't mind getting her hands dirty, has an odd sense of humor, no tact, but thoughtful, and is willing to put her foot in her mouth often:winks:
Where the heck are those jobs????
hehehe
MWAH
xxx
Sandy

blue moon
07-12-10, 08:29
Hi Sandy:)
I love your post,my job is with World Vision and most of the time I work from home,with the occasional trip to Brisbane or Canberra I hate dressing up just love to wear daggy clothes and no makeup,I also suffer from foot in mouth syndrome...lol with a different sense of humour,coming from Iran i really do need one.We are always looking for people and I think you would fit the bill nicely.
Good Luck for tomorrow:yesyes:
Love Petra xx:flowers:

vicky23
07-12-10, 11:14
awww bless you honestly I'd much rather work with someone like you who's real.

I can totally relate to what you've said about thinking I'm saying/doing stupid stuff then worrying about not being able to sleep at night for the next day so making the not sleeping worse. And you hit the nail on the head about it feeling so good to be at home safe and not having to answer to anyone.

I'm praying that you get the job and that you will have the strength to do it with great efficiency and that you'll get on with your collegues and that you'll find lots of satisfaction and healing in earning money:D

Going home
07-12-10, 16:44
Its really easy to get into that comfortable rut and stay inside the comfort zone after recovery from anx or depression isn't it? Much easier than getting out there into the real world again, but you sound like you're ready Sandy if nervous, which is understandable. Good luck with the interview!

Anna xx

paula lynne
07-12-10, 16:57
Sandy you will do beautifully!! Let us know how you get on, all the best! x:yesyes:

PokerFace
07-12-10, 16:58
Wishing you tonnes of good luck, I hope to be following in your footsteps in the New Year! You're an inspiration :) xx

diane07
07-12-10, 17:20
Sandy,

Best of luck to you hun.

Well done you for being brave enough to go to an interview, i'll keep everything crossed and pray that it all goes well.

di xx

Nigel
07-12-10, 18:25
Hi Sandy,

Wishing you the very bestest of luck for your job interview :hugs:
Hope it goes/went well (dunno what time it is were you are??)

Nigel

SueBee
07-12-10, 19:10
Wishing you the best of luck Sandy. You're doing the one thing I wish I were brave enough to do - one day soon eh!

Knock em dead!

Sue xxx

gaaron
07-12-10, 19:13
Good luck :yesyes:x

Vanilla Sky
07-12-10, 22:39
Good Luck :)
Paige xxx :hugs:

eeyorelover
08-12-10, 02:00
Awww thank you all SO much!
Well I made it there with almost no anxiety!
Had to take a typing test that I thought for sure I didn't pass and ended up typing 52 words a minute with 95% accuracy! WOOT WOOT :)

The interview went ok, I think. The gal that interviewed me was young but we got along well I think.
She says that human resources has to do a criminal background check and then they will be in contact with me.
So whether I get the job or not I'm pretty pleased that at least I made it and didn't make too big a fool out of myself :)
Thanks again for your support!
It is appreciated more than you know!!
xxx
Sandy

JaneC
08-12-10, 02:52
Glad it went well, Sandy. As you say that's a big confidence boost even if you don't get the job ... but fingers crossed! x

debs71
08-12-10, 04:39
Wishing you all the luck in the world Sandy.....

What you are doing is admirable and very brave and as SueBee said, I too wish I was clear headed and focused enough to take that step.

Lots of love and luck.xx:yesyes:

diane07
08-12-10, 09:17
A massive well done to you Sandy.

Its such a huge achievement that you went to an interview, i do hope you get the job as you really do deserve it.

Do keep us updated.

di xx

allergyphobia
08-12-10, 16:11
:hugs: well done sandy, fingers crossed for you x x

suzy-sue
08-12-10, 18:35
Well done Sandy :yesyes:..sounds like you did well .Hope you get the job ,I will keep my fingers crossed for you ..Best of luck Sue x

gaaron
08-12-10, 19:25
brill :flowers: