PDA

View Full Version : Worried about going back the way...

_Emma
07-12-10, 15:15
Hi

I am feeling very distressed at the moment. I attend a psychologist once a week and have a community psychiatric nurse who comes out to me once a week for my anxiety/panic attacks and agoraphobia. They were going to try and work more intensely with me during the month of December to try and get me further on, like they were going to try taking me into the big shops in the centre to see how I coped etc. Also, when I see my CPN we go for a walk and go to the local shop. However last week my appointments with both were cancelled due to the bad snow in Scotland, and I have just received a phone call from both cancelling my appointments this afternoon/tomorrow beause of the weather. I'm now feeling really anxious and upset, as I was hoping to do this intense work to try and get myself a bit further on before Xmas, and I'm totally worrying now that without doing my walks/going to the shop etc, I'm going to go back the way. I had finally got to the stage that when I go to the local shop with the CPN, she stands outside and I go in, however at the beginning of doing this she had to come in and I couldn't even speak or look up at the cashier. I'm now terrified that when we finally get back to doing it, I'll be back to that again, and all my hard work will have been a waste of time.

Sorry for going on and on, but I'm starting to feel quite panicky.

Nigel H
07-12-10, 15:24
Do you have a friend that can take you on the walks instead, someone that you know well and trust - to allow you to take control of the issue - so not having to rely on the appointments ..... that way you can maintain some of the momentum.

jothenurse
08-12-10, 16:38
Even if you do have a little more anxiety when you start up again, it will probably dissipate fast once you do these things a couple of times again.
Try not to worry.

_Emma
09-12-10, 15:15
Thanks for the replies. Most of my friends live far away from me, but my dad has offered to try and do some things with me. I might try it with him, it's just whenever him and I do stuff together, we end up falling out as he doesn't have a lot of patience with me :S I'm not sure, I guess it might be worth a try x