PDA

View Full Version : Dentist phobia

Eggy
07-12-10, 17:47
I went to the dentist today, I hate it and I have to go back on Friday for a temporary filling and I am dreading it, Apparently I have 7 decayed teeth in my bottom set of teeth so I can expect a lot of work in tHe next few months.

Vixxy
07-12-10, 17:55
I'm with you there. I had 11 fillings that needed doing a few years ago ><

paula lynne
07-12-10, 19:39
I just replied to your "feel like death" thread, you didnt go to the dentist feeling like that Eggy did you??

Going home
07-12-10, 20:02
This could explain some of your jaw and face pain that you asked about too.

Anna xx

baileys
07-12-10, 20:28
Eggy you only went to the dentist 4 weeks ago and you said he had a good look around and didnt see anything wrong, did he not look at your teeth then......have you been eating too many sweets lately!!!!!

suzy-sue
07-12-10, 20:30
I just replied to your "feel like death" thread, you didnt go to the dentist feeling like that Eggy did you??

Looks like he did just that Paula ..Lets hope you feel better once the teeth have been sorted .have you had tooth ache Eggy ? why didnt the dentist do something last time you went if thats the case ?Its been ages since you first went ..Sue

Eggy
07-12-10, 22:24
Eggy you only went to the dentist 4 weeks ago and you said he had a good look around and didnt see anything wrong, did he not look at your teeth then......have you been eating too many sweets lately!!!!!

They noticed the problems at the first visit and put me on a waiting list but I've been on it 3 months and was told today that it could be another few months :mad:

Eggy
07-12-10, 22:25

I had to unfortunately.

Eggy
07-12-10, 22:33
This could explain some of your jaw and face pain that you asked about too.

Anna xx

Possibly although they said my teeth are not seriously decayed, the worst one is being temporarily filled, Disappointed about that to as surely it would be better to do a permanent one not a temporary one and then a permanent one.

nomorepanic
07-12-10, 22:43
Why does the dentist have a waiting list of 3 months for a filling?

Eggy
07-12-10, 23:16
Why does the dentist have a waiting list of 3 months for a filling?

It's a dental hospital for people who aren't registered with a dentist.

nomorepanic
07-12-10, 23:33
Ok so why don't you register with a dentist then?

Eggy
07-12-10, 23:43
Ok so why don't you register with a dentist then?

There aren't any in my area that are taking new patients.

nomorepanic
07-12-10, 23:46
I bet there are Eggy. I found one for someone on here before that said they couldn't find one.

Try this:
http://www.bedfordshire.nhs.uk/your_services/beds_dental_access.php

debs71
08-12-10, 03:34
I bet there are Eggy. I found one for someone on here before that said they couldn't find one.

Try this:
http://www.bedfordshire.nhs.uk/your_services/beds_dental_access.php

Indeed....the NHS website is excellent for listing dentists that WILL still accept patients.

Believe it or not THEY DO EXIST. I had to find a new dentist a couple of years ago having become unregistered during the time I had my breakdown and was very worried I wouldn't find one but I did so through the NHS site.

Eggy
09-12-10, 15:59
Gotta go back to the dentist tomorrow :weep: to have my filling, I must admit though I am puzzled I told them which tooth hurts and they did an x-Ray of the last 3 teeth in the bottom left hand corner yet they are filling the one next to the one that hurts all the time?

suzy-sue
09-12-10, 16:08
Tell them to do something as its unbearable .They could put a temp filling in as well as doing the other one .Terrible service ...:lac:Did you look on the link Nic gave you for a Dentist in your Area Eggy ? sue x

Eggy
09-12-10, 16:28
And i'm sure they said no for TMJ even though i had pain infront of my right ear when i had to keep my mouth open so they could look around, 2 people felt my jaws.

Eggy
18-12-10, 15:50
I had a nasty injection yesterday for a filling, i got an appointment through today for 3 weeks time to have restorative dentistry thats when a lot of my teeth will be sorted out i am dreading it though.

They also said that some of my teeth were worn down.

KK77
18-12-10, 17:11
They also said that some of my teeth were worn down.

So you've probably been clenching your jaw/grinding your teeth (perhaps in your sleep). Would explain the facial/jaw problems you've been having methinks Eggy.

Eggy
18-12-10, 18:13
So you've probably been clenching your jaw/grinding your teeth (perhaps in your sleep). Would explain the facial/jaw problems you've been having methinks Eggy.

Whats puzzling me is would clenching/grinding cause almost constant facial aches/pains in the cheeks/cheekbones/ears and give me random headaches even if i only clench at night?

If it turned out to be something like bruxism it would put me off staying on SSRI'S as they can cause it or contribute to it.

KK77
18-12-10, 20:17
Whats puzzling me is would clenching/grinding cause almost constant facial aches/pains in the cheeks/cheekbones/ears and give me random headaches even if i only clench at night?

Yes I believe it could. You could also be clenching/tensing your jaw when you're anxious without realising.

If it turned out to be something like bruxism it would put me off staying on SSRI'S as they can cause it or contribute to it.

Bruxism can be a side effect from SSRIs. I guess you have to weigh up these pros and cons and determine whether it's worth it.

I've suffered side effects like these in the early days of taking sertraline but it's been worth it in the long run.

Have you spoken to your dentist about a mouth guard? May help.