PDA

View Full Version : Missed doses

Eggy
07-12-10, 17:50
Last week i got stranded so i couldn't take my Cipralex pills last Tuesday and Wednesday, Also I was laid up on Friday and Saturday with a very heavy cold and I slept alot so I forgot to take my pills on Friday and Saturday as well, So I missed 4 days last week, Would that make me feel really Ill?

suzy-sue
07-12-10, 18:00
I wish you had said this in your other thread ,Yes this will make you feel ill .You musnt forget to take them .They arent smarties .It will take a period of readjustment .Try not to let this happen you need to be taking these every day to ensure levels are kept stable .Or you get withdrwals ..t/c Hope you feel better soon .sue

ElizabethJane
07-12-10, 18:08
I'm not taking cipralex but I am on other meds. I take them every night or risk withdrawal type symptoms such as the shakes, nausea, headaches, tearfulness. I suggest that you go to see your GP Eggy as he might be able to give you something to lessen your symptoms? You have effectively gone 'cold turkey' from your meds which could be extremely unpleasant. EJ.

paula lynne
07-12-10, 19:41
I agree with EJ, and having a really heavy cold is going to make you feel terrible on its own. Get well soon

Going home
07-12-10, 20:08
Have replied to the other threads :wacko:

Take care
Anna xx

suzy-sue
07-12-10, 20:19
All his too -ing and fro-ing between threads is making me dizzy . .Drink plenty of fluids and take some paracetamol for your cold Eggy .The side effects will ease off ,just try to relax or the anxiety will get worse .Try to get some good quality sleep and eat small ammounts of food often If you dont feel any better tommorow the Dr could give you some Diazapan but these could make you feel more sick and dizzy .Theres not much you can do except wait until the drug starts to stabilise .Dont go out if you feel unwell or uneasy on your feet ,You could fall and hurt yourself .Im sure you will feel a lot better in a few days .Look after yourself T/c Sue x

Vixxy
08-12-10, 10:59
I missed 1 dose and felt like death whilst on citalopram. In fact I had to go home from university because I was feeling so rough, so god only knows what missing 4 will do to you. You have to take them daily and at around the same time otherwise you will start to withdraw from them and then feel like death.

Eggy
08-12-10, 22:37
I didn't miss 4 in a row, I missed a dose on Tuesday and Wednesday due to being stranded due to snow, I took one Thursday but missed Fridays and Saturdays due to being laid up and asleep a lot as I had a cold and it just skipped my mind.

Going home
08-12-10, 22:47
Eggy you might not have missed 4 in a row, but there was only one day of taking it in between so your system still could've been a bit messed up by not taking them on the two days either side of this.

Anna x

daisycake
08-12-10, 23:23
I was taking meds a while back to correctt my hormones - and kept missing them randomly. Felt awful, gp said to imagine the level of medicine on a graph - you are going up, down, steady, down, up, down etc - its no wonder you feel the way you do!

suzy-sue
09-12-10, 00:08
Every 33-36 hrs of not taking it the level drops by half .Thats why you have felt so bad .Its caused a yoyo effect ..It will take a while to stabilise but you will be ok .Providing you dont forget another dose .:winks: Sue x

Eggy
09-12-10, 16:24
Been feeling worse than ever this week:- Very lethargic and weak, Very dizzy and light-headed, Wanting to do things but can't, Tingling everywhere and generally feeling like i'm on a different planet and not functioning at all.

paula lynne
09-12-10, 16:27
Hows that flu/virus thingy now? Lots have it/had it, takes a lot out of you

Eggy
09-12-10, 16:29
Seems ok, I was hoping the B12 injections might have helped in some way but obviously not.

Eggy
10-12-10, 20:40
I'm not surprised you're feeling much worse if you've been missing doses - the med's got to build up again in your body. Missing that many doses is a really bad idea, no matter how ill you feel - because, as you have discovered, you feel a hell of a lot worse when you miss them. You go into meds withdrawal, which is all the symptoms you list above, plus nausea and head zaps.

Hi Dahlia, I agree that missing the doses was a bad thing to do, It wasn't deliberate, I got stranded by snow last week and had to stay at someone else's house for 2 nights, There was no transport running at all.

How long do you think it takes to stabilize?

KK77
10-12-10, 21:03
How long do you think it takes to stabilize?

You should start to feel better within a few days' time Eggy.

Eggy
11-12-10, 00:08
Thanks Melancholia, I have been having a lot of tingling in my hands, feet and head recently, Don't know if it's to do with the missed doses?

macc noodle
11-12-10, 00:54
Eggy Eggy Eggy

This will pass - you need to regularly take meds for them to be effective - try and keep calm whilst you stabilise.

This constant state of anxiety is creating all the symptoms and stress you are suffering. Trust that you are not seriously ill, have minor ailments that can be treated and that you will start to feel better.

Hope and belief are two very strong powerful tools to have at our disposal.

Good luck - hope you feel a bit better tomorrow.

xx

Eggy
15-12-10, 19:33
Thinking about it I think I have missed quite a few doses in the past 3 weeks the odd day here and couple of days there and even missed it once for 3 days running and forgot to take it last night, How would this have affected me over the past few weeks?

Eggy
23-12-10, 16:09
I missed a lot of doses in the past 3-4 weeks but have now taken it for 9 days without failing to miss a dose, However i am getting bad headaches recently and i am wondering whether it could be something to do with the Cipralex?

dabrucru
23-12-10, 21:21
hi eggy, it could be just tension headaches. and try not to miss any days

meds are there to help you

peace

david