PDA

View Full Version : New to NMP

Shelz77
07-12-10, 21:31
Hello Everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and give a little background information. I have finally joined NMP after browsing site on and off for a while now. I suffer from constant anxiety and panic attacks, first attack being three years ago. This is my second time on medication and I'm not dealing with it very well. Depression is trying to set in and Ive had a lot of side effects ranging from multiple panic attacks, constant shakes, headaches, nausea etc etc. In my town there is no support for anxiety sufferers which makes me feel all alone sometimes. My partner doesn't understand and makes me more anxious with his "just get over it" comments. I'm slowly trying to educate him but its definitely hard. I have no clue as to what exactly set this all off. Like many, my life has had a lot of ups and downs. I have lost faith in a lot of things, including doctors as was prescribed medication a few months ago and ended up close to dying from an allergic reaction. My whole world just seems to be falling apart :weep:

nomorepanic
07-12-10, 21:32
Hi Shelz77

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
07-12-10, 21:37
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

paula lynne
07-12-10, 23:06
Hi Shelz, welcome to a supportive and understanding site. Youre not alone x:welcome:

mrsmidgley
07-12-10, 23:09
Hi Shelz, (((hugs))) Its hard isnt it? :bighug1:I know when i try and explain to some people how i am they look at me as if im bonkers. You will get there hun. xxx lv n hugs. x

Shelz77
07-12-10, 23:15
Thank you, Nicola, Paige and Paula. Your posts are very much appreciated! I've just got to the point where I didn't know where to turn. I'm becoming quite scared!

recoil
07-12-10, 23:21
hi and :welcome: to nmp

Shelz77
07-12-10, 23:22
Hi Trababe, thank you for the reply. Yes it is very hard. I try to be open about my anxiety but with some peoples comments and judgement it just makes me feel worse. I know its going to be a long journey to recovery but at the moment just can't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you are doing well on your journey......:hugs:

Shelz77
07-12-10, 23:24
Hi Recoil, thank you for the welcome :)

gaaron
07-12-10, 23:27
Hi Shelz77, you'll find loads of support on this site..
:welcome::flowers:x

Shelz77
07-12-10, 23:33
Hi gaaron, thank you so much. This is such an unbelievably huge relief knowing that I can get and offer support on this site :)

Trypp
02-05-12, 04:04
It was nice to meet you, my first chatter here... hope to talk again soon :)

little wren
02-05-12, 07:56
Hi shelz and :welcome: hope you find support on this site. Just knowing there are others who understand how debilitating anxiety can be, is helpful in itself x