PDA

View Full Version : Help Advice please. Lesions

peter34uk
07-12-10, 22:20
Hi

My wife had an op today to correct an out of shape uterus, but the surgeon found lesions on her tubes.

He removed them and gave her antibiotics, but the lesions have prob been there for years.

He said it could possibly be the result of an STD infection and he wasnt sure if she still had it. He has advised that we both get screened.

My question is, what STD infection could cause lesions on her tubes??

I hope to god its not HIV. We have been together for over 11 years and both have been faithfull.

Any ideas would be great cause i am panicking to be truthfull.

margaret jones
07-12-10, 22:26
Hi it will not be HIV it is more likely to be a common Std If anything just go and get a check up I am sure you will both be fine Hope you are giving her some TLC after her op xx

dodo
07-12-10, 22:37
Could be PID. No symptoms usually with it.

Could be something like endometriosis though. Not an STD but can cause lesions.

peter34uk
08-12-10, 01:05
Im scared to death of HIV.

Only time I put myself at risk was about 15-16 years ago when I had 2 one night stands with girls I later realised had slept with an awfull lot of guys. But in both cases I used condoms, & on both i dont think either split!

But even if they did, what are the chances?

Also, wouldnt i know by now ie after 15years ive not had any illness etc...

countrygirl
08-12-10, 08:12
you would def know if you had caught HIV 15 yrs ago so you can stop worrying. PID pelvic inflammatory disease can cause your wifes lesions and this is not necessarily an std - bit like you can get bacterial infection of vagina that is not in any way an std but as soon as its mentioned eveyryone thinks it must be:blush:
If you are really fretting and worrying then ask to see your wifes consultant or go with her next time and tell him your fears I am assuming you have told your wife of your fears???????
I have found being honest about my fears helps.

Mogwog
08-12-10, 10:31
I agree with waht everyone else has said. Its not going to be caused by HIV, there are many things that can cause these lesions - all harmless

Hugs

Laura.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Belfry1973
08-12-10, 11:30
I have these and its because of PID caused by Chylamidia. I had no problems until I was 25 and the doctor said I could have caught the STD in the ten years previously and wouldnt have known about it or necessarily had any symptoms.
This was back in the days when I wasnt as careful as I should have been!

blueangel
08-12-10, 11:47
I see someone else has already mentioned chlamydia - this is a really common problem and often it doesn't show much in the way of symptoms. As Belfry1973 as said, you can come into contact with it years previously and never know.

peter34uk
08-12-10, 12:45
I dont mind Chlamydia as this can be treated, but its the HIV is what scares me.

If ive not developed HIV since my last partner (15 years ago) can I really consider myself okay???

Im scared to bits to take the test!