PDA

View Full Version : Just found this site, here's my intro...

DisMAYed
08-12-10, 00:26
Hi everyone, I'm May.

I have justed come accross this site sort of by accident - I'm feeling the need to vent and this seemed like the right kind of place.

So, an introduction.

I'm in my twenties and have suffered with anxiety in some form or another since childhood (unrecognised by myself until a few years ago).

2.5 years ago after a 'stressful life event' I was diagnosed with depression, spent a year on Fluoxetine and had counselling and came through the other side.

I'm here now because my anxiety is interfering with my life again. I have the 'normal stressful' things going on in my life - money worries etc but nothing has changed to make me feel like this and I'm so frustrated. I feel I can cope with most things - except for my job. It is highly stressful and involves dealing with anxious people on a daily basis, coupled with huge management pressure. I have panic attacks on the way to work and at work. I cry inconsolably for the few hours before I have to leave for work, I'm calling in sick with phantom physical illnesses because I'm too embarassed to say I'm too anxious to come to work. I don't know what to do.

diane07
08-12-10, 00:28
Hi DisMAYed

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
08-12-10, 12:02
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

paula lynne
08-12-10, 12:38
Hi May, welcome to a supportive and informative site. A good place to start is clicking on panic/anxiety in the left hand column, and having a read of the info there. Nice to know you. x:welcome:

paulst
08-12-10, 13:18
Hi May, welcome to the forum, Im glad you found us.:)

recoil
08-12-10, 13:27
hi and :welcome: to nmp