PDA

View Full Version : setraline question

faye980
08-12-10, 13:45
Hi everyone, just wanted a bit of advice!

Started Sertraline 5 days ago, going good so far, nowhere as bad as citalopram. Just having a few problems...

First i keep getting a feeling of a lump in the throat, makes me want to keep trying to cough it out and makes swallowing hard! has anybody else had this. Just need reaasurance as i had my wisdom teeth out a few weeks ago which has left a large lump inside my cheek which the dentist said needs checking as has some abnormal tissue on it... so am hoping it is nothing to do with this.

Second question is am feeling that the tablets are making me feel dizzy/strange for most of the day, how long does this go on for... as am meant to be increasing dose on fri to 50mg (currently am on 25mg).

I had such a bad time on citalopram gave me bad depression and anxiety, stuck it out for 12 weeks but was then advised to stop them, so maybe this has made me analyse side effects too much!!!!!!!

Am generally feeling that the tablets are working on anxiety, so maybe i am just being impatient but just need reassurance on the throat issue.:)

Andy76
08-12-10, 13:59
Hi

I know exactly how you feel. I did it the same starting on 25mg.
I'm now on week 5 and feel better but still feel very odd.
each day there is a small improvement which makes you live in hope.
keep going and good luck.

faye980
08-12-10, 14:27
aahh, thank you for your reply.
It's always reassauring to know your not the only one!
did you find increasing the dose made you feel worse?.

Well at least we are heading in the right direction..lol
keep up the good work :-)

Andy76
08-12-10, 14:33
You can feel the increase deffinateley.
I am still feeling it now to a degree still feel quite strange.
its not too bad though.
it will settle after a few days.

I upped my dose after 7days.

Everyone says getting to week six to eight is when you really notice a major improvement.
not too long really in the grand scheme of things.

Sammylou
08-12-10, 16:11
Hi faye

I have been on 50mg of sertraline for 9 weeks now, I had bad side effects which lasted about 3 and a half weeks, and i started to feel pretty much back to normal at about 7 weeks! I too tried citalopram and only lasted 3 days they were awful. I still get anxious but its usually when its the time of the month and when im tired, its nowhere near as bad as it was though! Try stick with them as they have worked for me, it was tough at first the dizziness was terrible and I lost my appetite and lost a stone in weight thats not a bad thing though, take care.

faye980
08-12-10, 17:19
thanx for the replies. You all make me feel so much better. Will keep you posted on the dose increase on Fri. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly. Well done to you all for sticking with it xxx

faye980
10-12-10, 14:12
Hi, thought i would update my dose increase today!

Well generally feeling better every day on 25 mg sertraline but had to go to 50mg today as thats the minimum effective dose. Well i feel quite dizzy and drunk. (not that i have had alcohol) its a very strange feeling and have a little headache. However my anxiety is really quietening down, which is better than i ever expected after 7 days...
How long for these side effects to go after a dose increase, cos i have horses and am unable to exercise them when i feel so dizzy/off balance.
Any help from other people would be great to hear xx

donnaanderson
04-02-11, 14:07
im on 25mg sertraline up it last week to 50mg but like you felt dizzy and faint so now back on 25mg. Citrolapram was aufull for me tried it for 8 weeks and had about 10 panic attacks. Just wish i could take nothing as worrying about side effects gives me a panic attack its a vicious circle.

kezza32
08-12-12, 18:57
It is a vicious cycle but honestly I have my life back after taking these , so keep with them. :)