PDA

View Full Version : Increased anxiety

jothenurse
08-12-10, 16:32
Does anyone have periods of time when their anxiety levels increase? I have anxiety every day, but the last few days it seems like it has increased. Then I always try to analyze why. Not sure if that helps or not. I went to a memorial service that the funeral parlor does yearly for families that have had loved ones passed away over the last year. My mother passed away in August, so on Saturday I went to their memorial service. It was very nice, but I have been pretty emotional since then. Especially with the holidays. Also, I took my dog in early this morning to the vets before work because she has to have surgery on both her back knees for torn ligaments. I also either have a little bug (which always scares me when I get an upset stomach because I'm afraid to throw up) or my irritable bowel is just worse with the added tension. There are some staff members where I work that have been ill, mostly with respiratory infections, but some with diarrhea/upset stomachs. So, then I get worried, is this a bug or is it just my increase anxiety?
Anybody have any advice?

jothenurse
09-12-10, 12:33
Anyone?
I still feel kind of gaggy. Part of my anxiety has always been a sensitive stomach, and I had lost 20 pounds during all of this. I have gained a good 15 pounds back, but now am worried because I haven't been able to eat as much lately and have lost a couple of pounds. I think I may have had a bug, but that was like 3 - 4 days ago, but now I keep thinking, is my stomach feeling off because of my increased anxiety or do I still have a bug? I'm getting really nervous about this, and try to tell myself that at this point it is probably my anxiety and to just try to relax. But then I think, maybe I still have a bug, and then I get really nervous, and then I think about my stomach and I think I get that kind of upset. Don't know what starts it, a bug? my nerves? I have to work also, so I try to stay calm.
I pick up my dog today after her surgery yesterday. Maybe it's just the increase in stress? Any help anyone?

blueangel
09-12-10, 12:48
Could be either, or both unfortunately, and it must be really difficult to tell. If you're very prone to a nervous stomach, then lots of things are liable to set it off on a bad spell.