PDA

View Full Version : Disrealization and Time

magicbullet86
20-03-06, 17:22
I noticed this last night. It's worrying me a bit.

I noticed that the illusion of time seems to have dissappeared. You know how when it's 7 o clock, it feels like 7 o clock. Well last night I was looking at the clock and didn't get this feeling. It could have been 10 o clock for all I cared because it just didn't seem to feel like any particular time.

Is this another part of disrealization? Or am I really losing the plot?

Many thanks for reading,

- Luke

magicbullet86
20-03-06, 17:30
Oh God... I just had an awful thought.

Because my sleep has been really rubbish of late, I'm worried I've sent my body clock completely hay-wire.

Please just tell me it's disrealization folks, I'm getting quite stressed up here.

ashley
20-03-06, 17:35
luke, try and explain to me what you have been feeling ,,, in more detail.
I have been to the dark side of anxiety,i will try and help you work this out... i know how ya feel babe...so if you could explain in a little bit more detail, that would be great.

ash x

magicbullet86
20-03-06, 17:38
It's hard to explain... just like my body clock has disappeared / broken.

I'm wondering if it's another aspect of disrealization and anxiety.

magicbullet86
20-03-06, 18:14
Anyone have any ideas please? I'm still freaking out about this. :(

nomorepanic
20-03-06, 18:41
Luke

The more you think about it the worse it will get I am afraid.

You are making things worse by constantly checking the time and then checking how you feel.

Try to take your mind off it and do something around the house and stop looking at the clock.

It will go once you don't let it be your main focus trust me.

Nicola

chop
20-03-06, 19:08
I agree with nicola wholeheartedly.
Because the feelings are so bad, you are terrified by them and focus on them or focus on trying to make them not happen which makes them worse.

I suffered badly with dp/dr and it ws only when I aceepted it and went with the feeling that it went away.

Hard to do but you have to accept it basically, welcome it and then it actually disappears. Sounds strange but works :)

Chop

Learning to under react

magicbullet86
20-03-06, 19:31
You folks are a God-send. I could cry!

So it's just another aspect of Disrealization then?

kefola
21-03-06, 16:17
I think it's a normal bout of derealisation that just so happened to coincide with you looking at a clock. You have now made the connection in your head and have this feeling/sense that the two things are associated.
We tend to remember our little bouts of derealisation and when they occurred and then make tenuous links between what might have spurred them. And needless to say you are going to spend a couple of days looking at clocks just to make sure it doesn't happen again.
I don't think it's anything to do with time, just another anxiety mind trick.