PDA

View Full Version : upper back pain anyone?

missykat
09-12-10, 09:32
for the past few months now i have been getting persistant upper back pain mostly on my shoulder blades but only wen i move about or move in general wen im lying down i dont feel it sometimes acompanied by tingling. ive heard this is a symptom of lung cancer :ohmy: of course its irrational but cant help but worry. im 24 i dont smoke and i do carry my one year old around alot and dont have very good posture :blush:

UltimaD
09-12-10, 09:38
You might have pulled a muscle, I do that once or twice a year, but it usually only lasts a week or so. Does your family have a history of scoliosis?

missykat
09-12-10, 09:40
my mam has a curve on her spine. its been lasting months now, not unbearable pain just annoying and uncomfortable espec the tingling mostly on the left shoulder blade. whats scoliosis?

missykat
09-12-10, 09:41
actually th tingly is anywhere on my upper back... :mad:

gaaron
09-12-10, 10:31
hi missykat, we feel a lot of tension in our shoulders/back which causes pain. When you're lying down the muscles will be relaxed so you won't feel the pain as much. x

cassie1975
09-12-10, 10:41
I have had this on and off for months, I got that bad one night i went to A & E convinced i had lung cancer or bone cancer needless to say my xray was clear. Its all anxiety i found after i had been on my tablets for a while it subsided. At the time i was not convinced it was anxiety but i certainly know now !!!!!! If you are still unsure have a visit to your G.P and they will put your mind at rest.