PDA

View Full Version : still no better

louisechen
09-12-10, 12:38
I posted on here over the last few days explaining my severe anxiety at the moment.Iam 29 weeks pregnant and have been suffering from constant anxiety for the past 17 days now,i have been perscribed fluoxetine 20mg and diazepam 5mg which i did not want to take though was advised by my midwife that if it helps to calm me down it is ok in the third trimester though i will have to stop the diazepam in the weeks leading to the birth.
i am now feeling no better and have got the worst of my anxiety at the thought of being with anyone,it is destroying everything as i have even been unable to have my children stay at home for the past few nights as i am so bad,i just need to be in a room on my own and read or try to do something to distract me from my constant nervousness.iam scared of everything but mainly i have this constant fear of what people think of me and what i am doing,i cant eat or drink in front of anyone,i worry about the silliest things from leaving lights on to even my partner thinking im lazy if i go to bed early!(he is really good and understanding)i would really love some advice,on how long the meds take to work to am i doing the right thing by taking them? thankyou.

paula lynne
09-12-10, 16:18
Hi, meds usually take 6-12 weeks to kick in, the 8 week mark seems to be the average for a lot of people, although everyone is different. Is there anyone you can confide in? Can you talk to your midwife about any of this? Im sure the constant anxiety is wearing you out, try relaxation cds. Im sure your partner doesnt think youre lazy, you need to rest! Being pregnant is hard work and tiring, you go to bed if you need too.

Unfortunately, we cant control how other people think of us, only try to change our thought processes. Read up about how to increase your self-esteem so you can stop worrying about how others view you, and start relaxing and concentrate on youre loved ones and family. It really doesnt matter in the great scheme of life what others think, only how we view ourselves.
I WISH YOU HEALTH AND ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR PREGNANCY x

louisechen
11-12-10, 10:45
Thanks,i have more or less stopped with diazepam now unless in an emergency,i am still anxious pretty much all the time though i feel that i can cope with it a bit better,probably as i am getting so used to it now!i have attacks about once a day now so i am really hoping that it is improving a bit.i just struggle so much having people around me which i feel is the main problem that i need to sort out.Thanks again for your message.