PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in the House

petra
09-12-10, 12:46
Good Afternoon All,

My name is Petra from Scotland, I have been a Panic Pants for a long time now, trying just to ride it out and get on with Life. I am an outgoing, fun loving Girl, however I have a side to me that appears from nowhere and reduces me to terrified wreck.

i thought I had overcome what I was going through and for around 2 years....nothing. Everything was just Fantastic, No Fear, No Panic Attacks, Racing Heart, Sweats, Tears and all the Trauma that goes with it.... A week ago I stayed with my Sister, Catching up, having a few Laughs and enjoying the Snow and just acting like a Big Kid again...then BOOM!! out of the blue, The Thumping Pounding Heart, i was clutching my Chest, Dizzy, Fear Rushing, Pins and Needles all over and the feeling of that Big Black Cloud that hangs over me when a Panic Attack strikes...

I have been a mess ever since, I am trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel but all i can think about is...It's starting all over again and I am terrified, I don't like the way I feel when it takes over...i sit and reason everything in my head, when I feel down and panic like, i try and remain positive...i am struggling a bit now, just wanna be normal again.
:unsure:

diane07
09-12-10, 12:48
Hi petra

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

pixie_x
09-12-10, 15:09
Hi and :welcome:

pixie_x

paulst
09-12-10, 15:36
Hi Petra, welcome to the forum, Im glad you found us.:)

paula lynne
09-12-10, 15:55
Hi Petra, a big warm welcome to a fantastic supportive site, welcome aboard x:welcome:

recoil
09-12-10, 15:55
hi and :welcome: to nmp

MajCinematic
09-12-10, 20:29
Hello everyone I just joined here. I have OCD and panic disorder. I am pleased to have found this site. ^_^ I also make movies about the disorder as a way of venting the stress. Thanx for this forum.

debs71
09-12-10, 21:26
Hi Petra,

I know how you feel as I am a 'panic pants' too!

Touch wood, I am doing ok at the moment, bar a few difficult moments where I can feel the panic rise, but so far I have been able to keep a lid on it, but I know how it feels to feel so deflated and scared when it starts happening again to you.

Please try to just see this as a glitch, that you have been here before and gotten over it, and you can and will do again. I always find that panic is like a rollercoaster ride...it comes in waves, out of the blue from nowhere and hits you hard, but it will calm down again.

I think the problem is also that panic is such a frightening thing it really is hard at the time to think we will get through it again as we aren't thinking straight, but you will hun.

I felt exactly like you a few months ago, and still a bit now to be honest, so I know what you are feeling as do many others here I am sure. You are not alone.xxxx

debs71
09-12-10, 21:27
Hi MajCinematic too!

Welcome and best wishes from me! :)xx

MajCinematic
10-12-10, 06:12
Hello. Thanks :)

blue moon
10-12-10, 06:15
Hi Petra...my name is Petra to,and I am in Aus,:D

blue moon
10-12-10, 06:16