PDA

View Full Version : worried

arsenal123
09-12-10, 14:40
Hello i am currently 22 weeks pregnant and i went for my anomaly scan on tuesday and everything looked good, today when i went to the toilet i noticed that i had discharge in my knickers and it was reddish not alot but i am so freaked ou now, was just wondering if anyone has experienced this before, because i dont want to be running to the doctors if it might be noting. Thanx

Ambers
09-12-10, 14:57
Hi - Firstly it can be normal - I bled a small amount during my pregnancy, however I did go and get seen to and went to the hospital. They kept me in and did various checks and I went home to next day still very pregnant :) I would get it checked out but please do not worry as it can be normal.

PS - if the blood is reddish but tinged with brown then that is usually old blood being dispelled - very normal during pregnancy. Bright red blood is slightly more worrying. But I would get myself checked out in any case x

dodo
09-12-10, 15:06
I agree. Bleeding can be a number of benign causes, including low lying placenta. But I would def call your midwife for advice x

arsenal123
09-12-10, 15:06
Thanx amber just so worried. if i went to my local doctor would he be able to tell me if anything was wrong and check for a heartbeat, or would i have to go to the hospital?

Ambers
09-12-10, 15:12
Go to your hospital but please try not to worry - I know so many other mummies who bled at one point or another during pregnancy...including one that bled pretty much throughout the whole pregnancy - all having healthy babies.. now go get yourself checked out xx

Please come back later and let me know how you got on... you will be fine x

Ambers
09-12-10, 15:16
Just to add - hospital can do a much more detailed check than your doctor but if you preferred call your midwife for advice.

arsenal123
09-12-10, 15:19
i am still feeling movement down der wud that be a sign that things are ok?

Ambers
09-12-10, 15:58
Sounds like it is all fine - like I said probably old blood making it's way out. Could you call your midwife - she may make you feel more relaxed about the bleed?