PDA

View Full Version : suffering from bad nausea and dizziness

ricky88
09-12-10, 16:40
hey everyone,

the worst parts for my anxiety are really bad nausea and dizziness to a point where i actually vomit, i was wondering if anyone knows what causes this as the other feelings i can deal with but vomiting and dizziness is the worst also is there anything i can do to stop these feelings or suppress them

any advice would be great thanks

Ricky

Vixxy
09-12-10, 21:18
Hi ricky, I used to heave when I got anxious, it was very upsetting for me. I was given a drug that you can buy over the counter called motilium which is an anti emetic, so it stops you from being sick. It might be something you could consider.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domperidone

ricky88
09-12-10, 22:12
Hey vixxy

I will deffently look into this thanks for the advice

Thanks ricky

anthrokid
10-12-10, 03:46
heya Ricky,

I used to get this with my anxiety too, try drinking a lot of water when you're anxious. It may be that your anxiety is dehydrating you or unsettling your stomach.

You should also look into migraines. Some kinds of migraines just present themselves with dizziness and nausea. When I get migraines I generally get the same kind of dizzy and nausea feeling and it gets so bad that it makes me vomit. Sometimes migraines happen without the actual headache feeling.

Definitely give the anti-emetic ago, and if you want you could also ask at the pharmacy about mild migraine medication and see if taking one will help ease the dizziness.