PDA

View Full Version : Hey there!

Ashhh
09-12-10, 21:48
Firstly, my name's Ashley (But call me Ash :) ).
I'm 17 years old (Male), from Hertfordshire, England and have been suffering with anxiety/panic attacks for about a year and a half now.

It's pretty much got to the point where they're becoming unbearable. In fact, today alone I've had about 4 panic attacks and have been anxious most of the day. Some days I 'm fine. But most days, I'll have at least a minor spike of anxiety.

It started about a year and a half ago when I was on the bus on my way to College. I was just sat there with a friend when I felt a bit dizzy. It pretty much started from there, I could feel my heart starting to race, breathing really heavily, no one knew what was wrong with me. After that they just got progressively worse. I've now got to the point where I can't really get out the house much because I'm terrified of having a panic attack and not having anyone there to support me. I can't do any kind of transport, cars, buses, trains, etc. I think it's mainly the fact I'm in a confined space moving at a pretty high speed moving away from my safety zone. I get panicky over the littlest things like my breathing being slightly off or a weird pain or sensation somewhere. Although most of the I can cope with little things like that.

I've found a few things that calm me down, most notably playing my guitar. This can calm me from a having a full blown panic attack to where I feel calm. But these things can't exactly help me in the long run.

Sorry about the huge intro. :)

nomorepanic
09-12-10, 21:50
Hi Ashhh

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

gaaron
09-12-10, 21:52
Hi Ash, You've come to the right place for support - and fun along the way! Isn't music wonderful and to be able to play the guitar must be great. :welcome:x

Ashhh
09-12-10, 22:05
Thanks for the welcome! And yes, music is definitely wonderful, especially when playing it relaxes you. :)

Vanilla Sky
09-12-10, 22:47
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

recoil
09-12-10, 22:49
hi and :welcome: to nmp