PDA

View Full Version : Stroke? Was this one?

looking4answers
10-12-10, 03:53
The other night I layed down to go to sleep and felt a little strange but thought it was because I was tired.. I went to sleep according to my wife right away.I awoke about three hours later thinking it was 15 minutes later and could hear my heart going bump bump bump in my head. I couldn't get over the fact that it was three hours later and also I checked my pulse which felt fast and it was 68 and 72.. It seemed my perception of time and the way I felt was all off. This morning after going back to sleep I felt better but it still makes me feel weird that I felt that way.Anyone else ever feel things like this? And could that have been like a stroke?

anthrokid
10-12-10, 04:01
I can tell you right now with confidence that it definitely was not a stroke. Just anxiety. Anxiety affects all of our perceptions and sometimes makes everything feel out of place or off. I can always hear my heart in my head or ears or feel throbbing in strange places, nothing to worry about.

looking4answers
10-12-10, 04:04
Thank you. I kind of knew that anxiety could but wasn't sure I was really feeling anxious that night.. but guess I was.Thanks for the encouragement..Michael

Anxious_gal
10-12-10, 04:10
when you fall asleep and wake up, your sense of time can be waaaay off.
I often wake up with my heart racing, maybe a noise woke you up all of a sudden? or maybe you were having a nightmare.