PDA

View Full Version : waking up exhausted with aches and pain ?

ChrisK
10-12-10, 06:48
Apparently, my mind never " turns off " to rest. Everyday, I wake up exhausted with aches and pains surging all over my body, and "disconnected" from reality. Any tips ? Thanks.

macc noodle
10-12-10, 07:40
This will pass - it sounds like you are panicking each day - you expect to wake up and have these symptoms.

Do you lie in bed and check yourself out before you get up - asking yourself questions like "does this hurt" "do I feel dizzy/sick etc" - then when you get up you actually do feel ill?

Try it from another angle - when you wake up, get up and start doing something purposeful towards getting ready for the day - TRY NOT TO CHECK OUT HOW YOU ARE FEELING - I know this is really hard BUT if you can stop yourself even for just a few minutes you will begin to prove to yourself that it is only anxiety and even if you feel dreadful it will pass.

I have the tendency to wake up and check myself out - prodding and poking until in the end it does hurt! But I have learned that by getting on with small tasks or even just listening to the radio/tv it lessens the feeling. Also, I have a glass of water by the bed which I always take a sip of when I wake - it just creates a routine and distraction from instantly thinking "how do I feel today?"

Good luck honey - you will get there in the end.

:D