PDA

View Full Version : Constant headache for 8 days

Jillian
10-12-10, 07:36
I have had a constant headache on top of my head and behind my left eye for the past 8 days. My doctor diagnossed sinusitis and prescribed antibiotics three days ago but the pain is still the same. Do you think I should go to the ER

macc noodle
10-12-10, 07:43
If the doctor says sinusitis - then sinusitis it is - it is a very painful nasty thing to have and I am sorry that you are feeling so grotty.

However, if the doctor thought it was anything sinister, they would have referred you urgently to the hospital.

If you are still worried, why not call the surgery and ask for a telephone consultation with either the doctor or a nurse and see if it is normal for the pain to last for this length of time. I am sure that they will tell you that it is and put your mind at rest.

Be strong ........

Jillian
10-12-10, 08:00
I've had allergies and asthma all my life, but I've never had such a bad headache before. My BP is also on the high side 130/80

macc noodle
10-12-10, 15:41
Your BP is not going to be causing headaches at the level (130/80) as it is only slightly over the desired level.

If you keep stressing over the headache, then it will remain in-situ as you are actually making it ache with the stress and worry.

Please believe me that sinusitis is unpleasant and painful but will go away in the end and so will your headache.

Keep Well.

:)

JaxynMija
10-12-10, 16:15
Do you get migraines? It shounds like a sinus migraine made worse by stress... I get them as well as cluster headaches (fancy term for several days worth of anxiety related headaches).... its most likley made worse by all the sinus pressure, which btw the antibiotics dont stop. They just clear up the infection, allowing dewelling of the tissues and eventually lettign the sinus cavity to drain and lessenign the pressure. Giive it a few more days. I knwo my husband can take up to a fortnight with a boutght of sinus to get relife....

Oh and taking a antihistamine can help dry you out quicker..

HOpe this puts your mind at rest...