PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Alone

Genie
10-12-10, 10:58
Hi everyone,

28 weeks and I'm feeling really alone today. I've got a lot of what I know are irrational fears about getting ill/the baby getting sick. I'm sat here crying because my husband bought me a fruit juice from Cafe Nero and didn't check the date, and the barista took it off the cup so whenf he brought it home I couldn't check. I felt so awful he'd gone out to buy it that I drank it, and am now terrified that I'm going to get food poisoning which will hurt the baby.

But when I explained to my husband how frightened I was he way he told me to stop looking for things to worry about and shouted at me. I'm just feeling so lonely and have done for the past couple of weeks since I had flu, like no one understands what it is like to struggle with this for such a long time, to never be able to let it go. I know it is hard for my family, but they get to do other things and forget about it, and I am stuck feeling frightened all the time. I don't want to take medication, and the CBT just doesn't feel enough right now. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!:weep:

gypsywomen
10-12-10, 11:29
hi after flu it can make you feel down it takes a lot out of you dont worry about the juice ,its not nice when we feel alone ,why dont you listen to some happy music sing along i find music helps so much xxx:hugs:

Ms Nice
22-12-10, 12:46
Genie,

You aren't alone...I came here today because I felt I was. But I'm not (well, I'm trying to convince myself all the time I'm here) because you are here. Other people cannot understand what on earth we are going through. Each minute of the day fearing the next minute. I keep being told to take medication, but after spending 3 years coming off of seroxat and lithium, there is no way I am doing that to my baby. I was even once told I bring this (anxiety and depression) on myself because I won't take the medication. Each day is like getting nowhere.

I can't offer any suggestions due to my state of mind and being scared of it myself, but I wanted you to know that you are not alone.
XXX

Genie
23-12-10, 09:38
Thanks. I'm not feeling any better either. Sometimes it's enough just to know I'm not the only one. Have now got some horrible allergy which is making me feel terrible (can't breathe during the night, terrible irritated throat all day), and making me even more stressed, and a GP who is being completely unhelpful. CBT on hold until the New Year, and Christmas (which I was looking forward to) now just feels like such a let down.

Am blue and miserable, so thanks for getting in touch. I really needed this today. We just have to hang in there.

By the way, I know what you mean about medication. Seems to be my GPs answer for everything, when I think actually spending more than 10 minutes listening would be much more helpful...

xxx