View Full Version : new

greenman
10-12-10, 11:20
Hi
Is there any body out there.

nomorepanic
10-12-10, 11:21
Hi greenman

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Kell
10-12-10, 11:23
Hi Greenman,

How are you today

Kel
x

baileys
10-12-10, 11:42
Hi
Is there any body out there.
Yep we are all here:welcome:

JaneC
10-12-10, 11:42
:welcome:

greenman
10-12-10, 11:44
Not great as I have to drive to one of those areas that I had a Panic Attack some years ago. It's not the place but my thoughts that start me off. Any suggestions for getting through it.

Kell
10-12-10, 12:22
The mind can play cruel tricks and as much as you know that it's not the place that's the problem, it doesn't stop yor mind triggering off anxiety. I really do sympathise with you.

In terms of practical advise, I would give yourself plenty of time to get there & ensure that your car is fully functional (topped up with fuel etc) so taht you don't incure any additional stress by running out of fuel.

Have some supplies with you - water & mints, money for if you need to stop anywhere. Take some CD's with you in case the radio is rubbish.

On the way, use the radio / music as a distraction. Keep the car at a suitable temperature - not too hot or cold. Try to keep a relaxed posture whilst driving and watch your breathing to ensure that you're breathing properly.

Could you try some practice runs before the day that you have to go?

Kel
x

paulst
10-12-10, 14:02
Hi Greenman,:welcome:to the forum.

greenman
10-12-10, 14:37
Thanks for that kel.
I missed the message but have done the journey. Next time I will take your advice as I am sure it will help.
Cheers Greenman

greenman
10-12-10, 14:39
Thanks for the welcome paulst

gaaron
10-12-10, 15:33
Hi Greenman, you'll find loads of support on this site..
:welcome::flowers:x

ps congrats on doing the drive!

Kell
10-12-10, 16:15
Hi Greenman,

Sounds like you did perfectly well without my advice :D

Well done for going ahead with your journey. Sometimes the anticipation can be worse than the actual event itself

Take care

Kel
x