PDA

View Full Version : Emetophobia - reassurance please :-(

Mogwog
10-12-10, 19:17
Hi

I have suffered from this fear as long as I can remember. Well at the moment I have a REALLY bad cold and keep getting waves of nausea. I had to go and sit with my head over the loo earlier and got really panicky - just need some ressurance that im going to be ok if I throw up :-(

Thanks

L.xxxx

LowrieT
10-12-10, 21:09
You will be OK. I have had emetophobia for 56 yrs. I took the Norovirus earlier this year and was sick a few times. I thought to myself then, what on earth do I worry about, this is nothing, its just horrible. You will get through it if you are sick. Try and relax.

good luck.

HelenLouise
10-12-10, 21:13
Hey, you will be okay even if you do throw up! It's not as horrible as we make it out to be in our own heads! I threw up for the first time since I was 7 the other day and I was terrified but it's over quickly and it's really nothing!
Not that easy to think that when you feel sick though - I'm the same!
Hope you feel better soon Hun =) xxx

sage
11-12-10, 04:05
Hi,
I'm new to this forum but I spend a lot of time on the emetophobia.org forums. I'm a recovered emetophobic and a clinical counselor who specializes in it. You can find an emetophobia facebook page if you're on there. It's called "emetophobiahelp" That's also the name of my website.
Anyway, this is about Mogwog....I do hope you're feeling better soon and everyone else is right - even if you vomit you'll be ok! Afterwards you'll wonder "why was I afraid of that for so long?"

Mogwog
11-12-10, 17:03
Hi all

Thank you for your replies. I haven;t been sick yet but suffered all night feeling sick with this cold which I actually now think is flu as I can barely move. My little one woke up at 4am too and dint go back to sleep which hasn't helped how i'm feeling. I have come over feeling really sick again and feel like I could be sick in a min which would actually be a relief at this point as I am really fed up with feeling like this.

Thanks again

L.xxx