PDA

View Full Version : Breathing?

looking4answers
10-12-10, 21:21
For the last few weeks off and on I felt as though I couldn't get enough air and I have been aware of my breathing. I am a little concerned and wondered if anyone could help me?

Wouldnt you know for sure if you were having breathing problems? I am marking it off as anxiety but then I get worried maybe I am having some heart difficulty or something off and on that causes me to feel this way.

First of all I don't gasp for air. I don't cough. I just feel like im not getting enough oxygen yet my heart isn't beating fast . I would assume that someone struggling to breathe would at least have a faster heartbeat and be coughing or something.

When I go outside to do something and really start moving it seems I can breathe ok.. Does this sound like anxiety and breathing awareness or real breathing difficulties..

Thanks in advance for advice.. Michael

looking4answers
10-12-10, 22:53
anybody?

shaz14
10-12-10, 23:00
Hi Michael
I have had this feeling for 2 years. Constantly doesn't feel like I can't get a satisfying breath, always trying to yawn and sigh. It is chronic hyperventilation syndrome and once I accepted it, it has eased considerably. One thing I do when I find myself struggling for breath is to push my tummy out with each inhale to stop myself from shallow chest breathing. This really helps to get it under control.

shaz14
10-12-10, 23:06
sorry forgot to say that it is caused by anxiety and mine started during a very stressful period in my life. And it will go away.

nomorepanic
11-12-10, 00:00
Very very common with anxiety as we shallow breathe. I get it too.

looking4answers
11-12-10, 02:11
Thanks Nicola and Shaz14 I feel better..I suspected it was but didn't know for sure.Michael

dodo
11-12-10, 02:39
Had this with my panic for a few days