PDA

View Full Version : Me so far

AnxiousM
10-12-10, 22:22
Hello there.

After reading peoples posts I thought I'd introduce myself.

I've been suffering panic attacks for a few months now. These where usually when driving home. I've come to a point now where I've been signed off work, which really frustrates me. I was constantly looking on google at symptoms, looking at myself for symptoms of illness and weighing myself.

My biggest attack happened last week and I burst into tears for about 10 miles driving home. Since then the doctor has given me 10mg of citalopram. I struggle at the moment. The panic attacks are not apparent at the moment but I find myself being fixated on dread. My stomach is gurgling and my appetite comes and goes. Waking up in the morning is almost like clock work accompanied with a restless period of thinking of dread.

I take comfort in reading the posts on here and I really want to get back to how I used to be. If anyone would like to talk on here I would welcome any support.

Thanks

M

nomorepanic
10-12-10, 22:23
Hi AnxiousM

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Tero
10-12-10, 23:15
I'm pretty new to these myself. The fact that you get them going home may have to do with the fact that you are tired and stressed. I never get them going to work, but have not really pushed it as far as my particular fears go. I do get panic attacks going home.

You seem to be in need of professional help and they will often give you drugs. Please research those on the internet. I got one pill, and never was convinced it would help, so it did not help! Some are great placebos.

Take care.

gaaron
10-12-10, 23:47
Hi AnxiousM, you'll find loads of support on this site..
:welcome::flowers:x

paulst
11-12-10, 14:51
HI AnxiousM welcome to the forum.:)

debs71
11-12-10, 15:46
Hi AnxiousM,

Welcome and I can sympathise entirely with your story.

I also suffer with panic attacks and had a bad relapse 3 months ago to the point of near agorophobia as I was so scared of having another panic attack in public. I too am taking 10mg of Cipralex daily having restarted them after some months off them without any problems. Please, please be reassured if you can that YOU WILL start to feel better. When you first start the meds you feel more anxious and panicky to start with, but once you get through the start up side effects you will find things easier.

This site is fab as we can all support each other and relate to each others experiences and feelings and I hope you find it helps you too.

Lots of love.x:hugs:

Vanilla Sky
11-12-10, 21:37
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x