PDA

View Full Version : sharp pain

missykat
10-12-10, 22:30
hi guys,
just wondering if any of u (women) experienced a sudden not too intense sharp pain in ure pubic bone that wud come and go throughout the day? its bothering me now as it approaches bed time was there most of the day but u know how it is, always seems worse at night

missykat
10-12-10, 22:31
oh and really trying NOT to google.... :wacko:

Anxious_gal
10-12-10, 22:38
we all get those sharp pains, you can get them when your on your period and when your ovulating, it's very common.

missykat
10-12-10, 22:40
i'm on the pill, do u still ovulate on the pill? im due my period in ten days. ist been on and off all day then sometimes radiates quickly to the tip of my belly

missykat
27-12-10, 21:52
:( i have it again today :(

macc noodle
27-12-10, 21:54
Take some paracetomol and get the hot water bottle on it and see how you feel.

If it is still there in the morning, make an appt with the doc., I am sure you will be fine.

missykat
27-12-10, 22:00
thanks. gunna sleep it off and i really really hope its gone by the morning. the last time i got this pain was 18 days ago. wondering could it be gas related? was drinking lastnight with friends

uk23
28-12-10, 02:54
This is very common for men and women with IBS, my GP said its down to trapped gas and spasms hitting nerves.

missykat
28-12-10, 09:07
thanks for ure input :) i have it still this morning but its not as bad as yesterday, its just freaking me out because its on the bone so im thinking the worst as usual

macc noodle
28-12-10, 10:09
Hey Missykat

You can get terrible pain down there due to anxiety! Suffered from it when I was a child and anxious about going to swimming lessons (hated swimming, still do) but I can remember the griping pain as if it were yesterday.

Keep taking the painkillers and keep warm and if no better tomorrow, ring the docs for an appt to put your mind at rest.

:)

missykat
29-12-10, 19:40
pleased to say im pain free today :)

amandy1979
29-12-10, 20:03
hi
i get a sharp pain on the right hand side a about a week before my period, it only happens on the right hand side and have been to the doctors about it, she was not concerned in the slightest, its not something that bothers me anymore as ive have it happen for so long. Perhaps it something hormonal? Try not to worry (oh i wish i could take my own advice!) and relax

missykat
29-12-10, 20:23
it prob is hormonal related because it usually happens wen i start back on my pills after my pill free week. mine is always on the right hand side too. very frustrating to keep gettin darts of pain down there! happens once a month so far eeeeeek