PDA

View Full Version : What is this new feeling I'm experiencing?

dreena
11-12-10, 13:13
Hi all. This feeling Is getting me down. I just feel like I'm in another world. I feel I have to keep squinting as evry thing feels bright. My poor eyes look like I havnt slept in a week. Bit iv infact been sleeping well. I just feel like I'm not actualy here and I hate it!! Iv been suffering from a bit of health anxiety the last couple of weeks, and it's starting to get better so thought maybe this was some sort of "come down" I've suffered for years but never had this before. It sounds realy stupid but woulld appreciate your answers so I know I'm not losing it x must add im not on mess but use CBT x

JaxynMija
11-12-10, 15:04
Are you on any medication? Have you had your eyes tested recently, maybe your vision has changed? These things can do it...

But I personally feel like this when I have had a intense period of anxiety.. Its like the body is shuttign down so it can have a rest and recouperate.

I wouldnt worry about it though, it sounds normal for an anxiety suffer to me.

crazyhayz
11-12-10, 19:48
im almost 100% sure that this is derealization u are suffering from. google it, its nothing to worry about, its so common with anxiety. it makes the world seem weird n different to you. cbt and meds r the best way to overcome anxiety, ive had it but i still suffer depersonalization/derealization x

nutteetart
27-02-11, 21:28
i have it too and i cant even watch the tv. Gets me down too. x

Rhys1879SAFC
27-02-11, 23:22
Its derealization.

First started for me about three weeks ago now and it went about just over a week ago, so I had it for a fortnight and I agree with you that its scary, but you just need to keep telling yourself that its temporary and it will pass.

Go for exercise, keep active and just take your mind off it, think positive thoughts and I promise you it will go away, it worked for me.

Chin up and good luck. :)