PDA

View Full Version : Anybody suffer from OCD?

Krust44
20-03-06, 23:18
Hiya,

I'm looking for OCD sufferers to help me with my research into the personal experience of OCD. I'm conducting the research for my final year dissertation for my psychology degree

A bit about me ... i'm 21 years old and i've had OCD for about 3 or 4 years (not too sure how or when it started to be honest). I have arranging compulsions and a preoccupation with doing things in the 'right' way. I don't have a diagnosis and have so far managed to keep the OCD relatively under control by myself.

Like I said, my research is about the personal experience of OCD. I plan to interview OCD sufferers via MSN Messenger (interviews will take aprox. 1 hour) and ask questions mainly about how they cope with the illness.

There hasn't been any psychology research about the experience of OCD sufferers, but there has been a lot of research about the experience of OCD sufferers' families, psychiatrists etc, which annoys me intensely. That's why I feel I need to do this research. Also, I'm hoping to find out about strategies that people use to cope with OCD because I feel that these might be able to benefit all sufferers.

If you think you could help with my research please email me at krust44@hotmail.co.uk or PM me.

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Kirsty.