PDA

View Full Version : Work Worries

Silly Blonde
11-12-10, 18:51
I have a mega stressful job, currently made worse due to the absence of my boss. I have not left work before 7pm for the last 3 weeks and am constantly worrying, panicking, waking up in a cold sweat etc etc.

I really don't know what to do. I had 4 months off work about 4 yrs ago when my anxiety first started, and in my current job they are not aware of my mental health issues.

My relatives are telling me to get signed off before I end up with full blown anxiety again, but I am not sure even then that I would be able to be able to switch off and not worry.

Any advice would be appreciated. There's nobody I can talk to at work, and there is no quick fix due to my boss also being ill.

SB xXx

ann88
11-12-10, 21:33
Why is your job so stressful? Do you thrive under pressure or is it just making life miserable for you? I think you need to sit down and think about what is the best way forward. Can you book a couple of days holiday just to give yourself some thinking time? I'm fortunate that I'm in a job that I really enjoy, but my mum went through several years of a very stressful job as a call centre manager, and it made her life hell. She was constantly stressed out, and getting home at 7.30pm every night and never able to relax. A few days/weeks of stress is one thing but being stressed all day everyday is another.

If you don't enjoy working in a stressful environment (I wouldn't) then maybe you could think about a change of career. would this be possible? It may also be an idea to go to your GP for a chat, they may be able to help you with some short term medication to help you relax.

Hope you feel better soon.