PDA

View Full Version : New James from London

James1983
11-12-10, 21:37
Hello Everyone i'm James

I have suffered from panic attacks since May this Year and it all started with me noticing that My Heart was beating fast at work one day while sitting down so I let My Brain tell Me that it was a... heart attack! so an ambulance was called and off i went to the hospital, had an ECG...all well...panic attack dont worry go Home. I couldnt get over it and relax so I had to go to the emergency Doctors for some tablets to calm Me down.

I was off work for about 3 Months a constant round of going to the Doctors convinced about having a heart problem and not knowing if i was going mad and feeling all alone. I was proscribed 37.5ml venlafaxine but these on their own did not do a lot so lots more panic and so after 2 more ambulance, 2 walk in trips to A&E, ECG's and daily fear, the Doctor put me on the prolonged release venlafaxine daily total 112.5ml Great! But...

A month went by felt good went on holiday felt great and thought why do I need these? So I stoped taking them after a month was back to square 1 so I put My self back on them just twice a week. After 2 weeks they were making me sick so went to Doctor who said to just have the 37.5ml type but after a week got fed up and stoped again. More worry followed with palpitations and me constantly checking my pulse.

SO yesterday went to the Doctor and He has given me Propranolol 10mg tablets 1-4 up to 4 times a day when needed so i had 1 yesterday and 1 today, and the prolonged release venlafaxine 75ml 1 a day before bed. The Doctor said to complete the course this time so I said I would and want to Myself, I am due to see Him again in the new year in the first week.

I feel a bit down that i need tablets but glad that hopefully i can have a more relaxed time.

I think this site is great with info for people like Me.
Many Thanks xxx

James:winks:

nomorepanic
11-12-10, 21:40
Hi James1983

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

elainey70
11-12-10, 21:48
Hi James :welcome: Don't feel bad about having to take meds, we all need a hand on our road to recovery and if that means taking meds then so be it. What not to do this time is stop them before your GP gives you the ok. You have been well before and you will be again.

Take care

James1983
11-12-10, 22:06
Thanks Elaine

its great to know that there are others who understand these things as some people who have never had them find it difficult to understand.:huh:

Unconnected
11-12-10, 22:33
Hey and welcome I'm also new :)

gaaron
12-12-10, 00:12
Hi James and unconnected, you'll find loads of support on this site..
:welcome::flowers:x

Vanilla Sky
12-12-10, 22:55
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

paula lynne
12-12-10, 23:42
Hi James, welcome aboard x:welcome:

James1983
13-12-10, 13:08
A big THANK YOU to eveyone who has sent me a welcome message, its nice to i'm not alone.:yesyes: