PDA

View Full Version : scared of dying giving birth

xsarahxjanex
11-12-10, 22:11
hey, havent posted on here for a while. i suffered from health anxiety last year after my father died. worrying about gettin a brain tumor was my thing. now im 5 months pregnant and im nearly convinced im going to die giving birth. this is my second child and i had no complications giving birth the 1st time but i just cant shake the feeling its going 2 happen. i cant even imagine life with my baby after because im convinced i wont b around to c him. any advice please xx

ElizabethJane
11-12-10, 22:22
Dear Sarah. Congratulations on being pregnant again. I do not suffer from health anxiety but have been pregnant and given birth. My son is now nearly thirteen. Health anxiety apart your fears and anxieties around giving birth and dying are normal and healthy. What is not normal is the constantly dwelling on this fact if there is no physical reason for this happening. I do not know what the odds are for dyiong in childbirth but they are very very low. I would talk to your midwife about this and explain your fears. In your birth plan you can explain the types of intervention you want during the birth and whether you want your husband/ partner involved in this. It might help to arrange some counselling and something to help you relax during the pregnancy. I did aqua aerobics and also NCT classes which helped to talk to other Mums. Mine was a high risk pregnancy and I gave birth to a healthy boy there is no reason why you wont too. Best wishes EJ.

ell1877
12-12-10, 07:49
Hi Sarah I was exactly the same as you and I'm here to tell the tale I was convinced o was going to die when I had my son even though I had already had 3 children and had been fine,I even had a dreAm and someone told me in that dream that I would die during labour,I was terrified o couldn't think about afterwards as I didn't think I'd be around I would look at the little clothes I'd bought n get really down thinking but I'll never see my baby in these!! It is awful but it's just a fear and the more you focus on it the more it feels real I was told when I went into labour by the midwife that maternal death rate is very low indeed and they monitor you so well nowadays that it's highly unlikely so please try not to get too down it's NOT going to happen you're going to have a beautiful baby and you're still going to be around after to look after he/she if you want to chat pm me
Now enjoy being pregnant Hun big hugs xx

rosi
12-12-10, 10:17
It's not going to happen. You must put your faith in the wonderful medical services who have delivered thousands of babies and know exactly what they're doing.

Don't worry my love, its not going to happen.