PDA

View Full Version : Not going out?

Unconnected
11-12-10, 22:21
Hi I'm new :)

Anyways, I never go out unless i'm with someone like a family member and i have no friends since high school which i've now left and with my family all working, i'm in the house all day doing nothing but being online which means i'm not getting much exercise = worrying,not a healthy lifestyle...i'd like to change this for 2011 and so that i can be healthier but i have no confidence or motivation with having sa and depression,please help! even if i had a weight loss buddy or something?

Thanks!

Joexgee
12-12-10, 11:04
hi and :welcome: you sound a lot like me! its horrible isn't it.
its a good job i have my husband and two teenage girls or i think i would of gone totally mad by now :blush:
i already lost a stone and a half since jan, its slowed down a bit at the mo, but i intend on getting back on it after xmas, so if you wanna chat or anything, just pm me if you like! :D

Unconnected
12-12-10, 11:08
hi and :welcome: you sound a lot like me! its horrible isn't it.
its a good job i have my husband and two teenage girls or i think i would of gone totally mad by now :blush:
i already lost a stone and a half since jan, its slowed down a bit at the mo, but i intend on getting back on it after xmas, so if you wanna chat or anything, just pm me if you like! :D
Hello :) and thanks! :D

Haha!, and weldone for losing that how did you do it?

I'll pm you. :yesyes:

haziefantasie
12-12-10, 11:23
Hi unconnected

My names hayley and I am also new to the site. I also have sa and depression and am overweight so I know exactly how youre feeling! Luckily I am managing to go out of the house on my own at the moment but it makes me very anxious and I have been trying to avoid it to be honest, I have just been signed off work.

I did actually manage to lose over 4 stone a few years ago through dieting and walking a lot but ive put some of it back on, and the mediction im on (mirtazapine) is well known for making you put on weight so im keen to be healthy and exercise as much as I can.

Are you on any medication? And do you know how much weight you want to lose? I think it would be great to have a weight loss buddy aswell x

Joexgee
12-12-10, 11:28
Hello :) and thanks! :D

Haha!, and weldone for losing that how did you do it?

I'll pm you. :yesyes:

i lost it doing my wii fit :) and got the my net diary app for my ipod to track my daily calories :D i have quite enjoyed doing it and i haven't denied myself the odd bit of choc and glass of wine, just made sure i exercised at least 3 times a wk x

Joexgee
12-12-10, 11:31
Hi unconnected

My names hayley and I am also new to the site. I also have sa and depression and am overweight so I know exactly how youre feeling! Luckily I am managing to go out of the house on my own at the moment but it makes me very anxious and I have been trying to avoid it to be honest, I have just been signed off work.

I did actually manage to lose over 4 stone a few years ago through dieting and walking a lot but ive put some of it back on, and the mediction im on (mirtazapine) is well known for making you put on weight so im keen to be healthy and exercise as much as I can.

Are you on any medication? And do you know how much weight you want to lose? I think it would be great to have a weight loss buddy aswell x

hi hayley, :welcome: to nmp, 4 stone thats fantastic well done! :yesyes: if you ve lost it before you know you can do again, its just about getting that will power back.
new year i am starting up the healthy new me again, we should stick together :D

Unconnected
12-12-10, 11:35
Thanks for answering guys :)
weight loss buddies!

Tainted Halo
12-12-10, 19:10
This is something I am struggling with too.

I've brought myself an exercise bike to try and help but I just don't seem to have either the will power or mental strength to cope with actually exercising. As soon as I start to feel breathless I start to panic so I quit.

haziefantasie
12-12-10, 20:39
I know willpower is definately the key, when I lost weight last time I wasnt depressed so it was much easier to get myself out of bed and get moving! I dont know about everyone else but I always christmas as an excuse to eat what I want and not do a lot anyway so am trying not to worry about it too much until january.

I think it will definately be good for us to encourage eachother to do something, even if its just playing on the wii or doing an exercise dvd for 10 mins a day! x