PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam no longer working!

candicemarie88
12-12-10, 02:33
took tablet tonight under an hour ago. felt happy and relaxed whilst watching tv so went to bed. was drifting off and NOT at all worried when suddenly a rush of fear swept though me and my heart felt like it has stopped and i was gasping for breath :( whats wrong with me? i dont understand, if this is anxiety related then why on earth would it happen when i felt completely calm :(

ive been taking 2mg of diazepam. i havent taken it every day, just as and when required. today has been a very bad day, it seemed to help earlier, but now its worn off... i thought it was supposed to remain in the system for up to 5 hours? does this mean i need a stronger dose?? maybe my body is too used to it now... i feel as though i really need it now and am wondering whether to take another one now? im only meant to take 2mg though, so not sure if thats a good idea? i need some instant relief...

im not sure if this heart and breathless thing is due to anxiety or something more serious, i think i need to go to hospital tomorrow :(

Geoff2301
12-12-10, 10:07
I know exactly how you feel....... which might help a little bit!! Going through a bad patch myself at the moment. Like you, I have some Diazepam for "emergency" use as/when required.....Took 2mg Diazepam at 11 and woke at 5 feeling terrible..... took another 2mg and woke again at 6 feeling just as bad, Took another 2mg and woke at 8 feeling awful...... just want the bad feelings to go as you do!! 2mg is a low dose but gp's are very reluctant to give the stuff out and even more reluctant to give higher doses.
Your problems are almost certainly anxiety related........ I know myself that when I went to uni, I really wasn't mentally up to it. I hated being away from home..... in fact I hated the whole thing..... and if you're falling behind with your work, that just adds to your worries. Can you not have a good chat with your parents about it or a counsellor at the uni......... perhaps uni is not for you and thats nothing to be ashamed of!!
Geoff

countrygirl
12-12-10, 11:33
I think I have replied to you before re diaxepam? You say you think diazepam stays in your system but it doesn't its effects are at their height about an hour after taking it and then over the next 3-4 hrs the effect wears off completely. This is why this drug is so addictive as to keep feeling the effect you have to keep upping your dose to keep the feeling for the full 4-6 hrs.

Remember the adrenaline rush feels horrible and is scary but it is not in itself harmful. I get this problem when I am relaxing into sleep and I get a feeling like a cross between an electric shock through my chest neck and head combined with a split second dropping sensation - its horrible and I can get it multiple times befor finally falling asleep on bad nights but it isn't harmful.