PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

DCope22
12-12-10, 03:51
Hi,

I need help on a few things and im not really getting any satifaction from my GP, I have post once before stating that me and my family were broken into on 30/12/09.

Since then i have had symptoms which ive managed to overcome [thankfully] such as Numbness, Lightheadedness, Pressure in my head.
Within the past six months though i have noticed that instead of getting chest pain on the left or centered, my pain seems to have traveled to the right just off centre, im also getting a regular left arm pain between the shoulder and elbow part of my arm [which is very discomforting]

Ive been to my GP serval times and after roughly 8 sessions of nothing the GP finally told me i had knots in my chest, one in the left hand corner of my chest [near my collar bone] and two more off center to the right of my chest, since then ive seen a physio and she didnt even look at my knots just at my arm, neck and back movements, i then returned to the GP for a follow up, i explained that nothing was done about my knots and all he told me to do was stretch [he also showed me a few that help these kind of knots] ive done these stretches religiously, in hope of a cure but still these pains occur. I know that anxiety can bring out pain which you wouldnt usually notice and that anxiety can cause muscles to tense up, but how can i relax when this arm pain is to uncomfortable and worrying.

Also since the break in, i havent been able to stay up at night on my own, and if at anytime my partner is so tired she cant keep her eyes open im worried sick something may happen again, i really feel like im going crazy, mad, insane or worse, citalopram dont seem to work as good as they usually do, maybe its the increase in stress or maybe my body has grown to fond of them so the effects arent as powerful. Ive got to see a psychiatrist sometime in january. I just dont know which way to turn anymore, with the anniversary of been broken into drawing closer and living in flats where banging seems to be a ritual it all seems to be getting to much.

I just hope someone replies, with news that either they have or have had the same symptoms im getting, im just so scared that either a heart attack or getting broken into is just around the corner for me, and im petrified.

paula lynne
12-12-10, 15:16
Hiya, are they muscular knots then? Thats probably why the physio concentrated on loosening surrounding areas. Anyway, your gp doenst seem to be bothered that these are serious, thats good.

A burglary is a horrible thing to go through, and naturally you are anxious as the anniversary approaches, bringing back the memories. Can I assure you the chances of it happening again are virtually nil. I assume youve taken precautions like fitting correct locks to windows and doors etc? Please try not to dwell on it, hard I know. Maybe you can talk about your feelings to a councellor, as they still seem to be horrific for you. Hope you feel better soon, best wishes x

Anxious_gal
12-12-10, 16:22
you need therapy, counselling, maybe some CBT as your suffering from anxiety and possible PTSD.
I know your having some physical symptoms but they are more than likely caused by the anxiety.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posttraumatic_stress_disorder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_behavioral_therapy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anxiety

Anxious_gal
12-12-10, 16:24
oh in regards to symptoms. anxiety causes 100's of mental and physical symptoms, you can use the search>advanced search box to look up yours or read though the symptoms forum, I promise your not alone in how you are feeling x

DCope22
13-12-10, 01:31
Thanks for your feedback guys.

To answer your question Paula i have installed two more locks onto the front door and i locked all windows since we moved into the flat, they are muscular knots im told. My only worry about the GP not being worried about my physical or mental problems was the fact that 90% of our meetings, he was pointing out the fact that i was so calm and collected, i did explain to him that this was due to me being inside a GPSurgery and that i feel safe there, reasons why are unknown to me. Im a totally different person when im alone with my partner and children, i freak out over my arm/chest pains and if im not worrying about that then im worried about getting broken into again or a bang that might have just occured.

Thanks Mishel for those articles, they are a reasuring read.

Thank you again for repling