PDA

View Full Version : Day 14 Citalopram....no sleep!

escocesa
12-12-10, 05:39
Hello gang. First time poster here! Anyhow, I am just on day 14 of citalopram. Definitely feeling much better.......still not 100% but much better than where I was 2 weeks ago. The only thing is I can't sleep since starting my 20mg dose on Tuesday. Has this happened to anyone else? I hope this will get better! I wish I hadn't left my anxiety for 3 years before seeking help but I suppose better late than never!!!

paulst
12-12-10, 15:00
I have problems sleeping with citalopram but have found sominex useful. Doctor said it was ok for occasional use:)

AnxiousM
12-12-10, 19:01
I kept waking up sweating then not being able to sleep. It's only been a week but I've decided to come off the Cit and deal with my issues myself and through therapy sessions.

heavenly
12-12-10, 19:19
Hello gang. First time poster here! Anyhow, I am just on day 14 of citalopram. Definitely feeling much better.......still not 100% but much better than where I was 2 weeks ago. The only thing is I can't sleep since starting my 20mg dose on Tuesday. Has this happened to anyone else? I hope this will get better! I wish I hadn't left my anxiety for 3 years before seeking help but I suppose better late than never!!!

Hi there, I am in the 6th week of Cit. First 2 weeks, my sleep was badly affected but it settled down after that. I have also had bad sweating at night but that seems to be reducing as well.

escocesa
13-12-10, 14:24
I managed to sleep last night! It was a disturbed sleep on and off but it was sleep!!!! I am so pleased!!! Tomorrow I'm upping my dose to 30mg.....my mother phoned the doctor to explain how I've been. We shall see how it goes!

heavenly
13-12-10, 14:36
I managed to sleep last night! It was a disturbed sleep on and off but it was sleep!!!! I am so pleased!!! Tomorrow I'm upping my dose to 30mg.....my mother phoned the doctor to explain how I've been. We shall see how it goes!

Glad your sleep improved, makes such a difference doesn't it! I am on 20mg, I hardly have any anxiety now, which is great. I am seeing my gp tomorrow as still having the odd low mood blip, not sure if I want to go up to 30mg yet, might leave it a couple more weeks, which will then be 8 weeks on Cit.

escocesa
13-12-10, 14:44
I was going to go up to the 30mg tomorrow but I am seeing my doctor when I go to the UK next week so I think I will wait until then and see how I'm getting on. Just been reading other posts!!! Had a terrible experience with Spanish doctors.....they only wanted to put me on xanax and said I didn't need citalopram after a 2 minute consultation!!! Anyhow, I'm glad my UK doctor spent 30 minutes with me and if I am honest, I am much better than what I was a couple of weeks ago.....I was suicidal and just crying all the time. I'm now back at work and starting CBT this week so I'm going to stay positive!

Laneybc
13-12-10, 20:15
Sounds like you are doing much better and it is still early for you. You can expect to improve more as time goes on. I think it is wise to hang tough and see your doctor in the UK.
Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.
Elaine