PDA

View Full Version : Hello

sharon52
12-12-10, 17:54
Hello everyone,

My name is Sharon and I am 52 from Sheffield.

Currently experiencing very severe panick/anxiety attacks, which I haven't had for about 13 years.

Why they have returned, I have no idea.

Doctor has prescribed an anti-depressant and also diazapan, which I don't feel like taking, a friend has recommended rescue remedy, would love to hear from anybody who has taken this, and what did they think of it.

It is a very debilitating condition, which, when you try to explain to people, if they have never experienced one, they seem to look at you as though you are slightly mad or eccentric.

This site seems to be a friendy and informative one, so I hope to get the help and understanding I so desperatly need.

Thank you for taking the time to read this xxx

diane07
12-12-10, 17:55
Hi sharon52

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

HarrogateChris
12-12-10, 18:03
Hi Sharon,

Welcome to the forum :D

My illness pretty much turned up out of the blue from something that I would previously have considered quite insignificant.

Funny things heads :shrug:

Chris

sharon52
12-12-10, 18:07
Hi, yea tell me about it, just wish there was a quick fix, hoping to get some tips and some advice, totally peed off with it all.

Thanks for the message Chris

Geoff2301
12-12-10, 21:14
You're right there Sharon....... its impossible to explain it to someone thats never had it...... its just so illogical and they really can't comprehend how debilitating it is. I find going away on holidays absolutely wrecks me but I can't explain why!!!.... they all think I'm bonkers!

paula lynne
12-12-10, 21:21
Hi Sharon, welcome to a great supportive site where you will find lots of understanding and make some friends along the way x:welcome: