PDA

View Full Version : new here and fed up!

worrier1980
12-12-10, 20:06
Hi all
Im feelig really panicky, and when i do i tend to lurk around this site to make me feel rational and a bit better.
Ive been suffering from anxiety for about 3 years, although when i was pregnant 18months ago i seemed quite well. My main symptoms are palpitations, chest pain, breathing probs, irritability, fear, impening doom etc.
At present im on downer again, symptoms are palying up particuarly chest pain. Had quite a heavy night on friday drinking alcohol as works xmas do.
On escitalopram 10mg and propranolol 3omg, also doing some CBT.
Ive had lots of blood tests - normal,chest xray normal ecg's normal (although didnt have a palp whilst being recorded)!
My worry is, i know im still here after many of these episodes but what if these are all warning signs for heart attack or something, and how do i know there not?
Also do people feel worse after drinking alochol?
Also do people still experience palps on beta blockers??
Thanks inadvance everyone x

Mogwog
12-12-10, 20:14
Hi

Welcome - this site has been a lifesaver for me when i'm anxious.

Sorry you are having a roughtime.

All the tests you have had are normal so I think its safe to say you are ok. You're not going to have a heart attack. These symptoms you have are classic anxiety.
Alcohol definately makes anxiety worse.
I have been on beta blockers and I still had the palps whilst I was on them. I stopped taking them in the end as they didn't really do anything for me.

Hope you find some reasurrance on the forum, as you will see there are a lot of posts similar to yours, about chest pains etc as its such a common symptom of anxeity.

Hugs

Laura.xxxx

worrier1980
12-12-10, 20:45
Thanks Laura,its so awful isn't but the irrational fears win all the time! Its good toknow that others still have palps on beta blockers, they certainlyreduce them though.
Thanks again.