PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

stringbean
12-12-10, 20:06
Hi all, not been on here much as joined ocd uk for my obsessive thinking but thought i would post a question re cipralex on here.

About a year ago i started to feel as though slipping into bad thought patterns so upped cipralex from 5mg to 10mg and eventually the Dr upped to 20mg. I tend to get very bad side effects when i start or up medication and this was no different, it basically makes all the symptoms its treating 100% worse and then feel like i am going to lose it.
Anyway it seemed to be working after 12 weeks and for four weeks felt as though life was getting back on track then all of a sudden feeling really anxious again for no reason, not able to concentrate and the Dr said that he felt there was too much in my system and to half it to 10mg. Again i felt better almost straight away and for a week it was great then bang bad again the Dr said to up to 15mg so tried but had anxiety all night long.

Can anyone advise me as now been just on ten mg for four days and really struggling, worrying, obsessing, anxiety, not coping and feel like i will go insane.

i have struggled for twenty years with this but the last year i think is going to finish me:weep:

Estranged
13-12-10, 04:02
Hi string, have you asked your doctor maybe another type of med? Not necessarily a stronger one, just a different one?

It's unfortunate sometimes it's trial and error that we must go through in order to find what works for us as individuals best.

Estranged