PDA

View Full Version : Help, seriously!

imtrying00
12-12-10, 21:51
So, Ive recently quit my job after 15 years, it was causing my depression and anxiety to increase. Its been 3 months since I quit my job,and the insecurity and depression is creeping in. My house and car are paid of but ive only got 14k left and i have no idea what to do. vicious childhood images flash through my thuoghts. i cant leave the house, ive no job. what can i do. im afraid to answer the door or phone. i hate this.

if you made it this far, thanks for listening

Diver
12-12-10, 22:08
Your mortgage is paid off and you have £14k - you have no worries!:D

On a serious note get to the GP and explain your situation, there are SSRIs and counselling available.

Personally I've found CBT, Hypnotherapy and Inositol to be the greatest help for me.

Horse
12-12-10, 22:15
Have to agree with Diver on this one regarding the mortgage and £14K.

How about you use some of the cash to sensibly treat yourself to something (within reason) that makes you happy?

imtrying00
12-12-10, 22:27
But im scared to leave the house, my confidence is low, and i cant find courge. 14 wont last forever.

Horse
12-12-10, 22:31
OK.

So send for something via Internet to be delivered then.

Agreed, £14K won't last forever, but unless your outgoings are astronomically high, it will help you tickover.

Diver
12-12-10, 22:51
But im scared to leave the house, my confidence is low, and i cant find courge. 14 wont last forever.

If you seriously can not leave the house and I mean you really can not do it, then get the GP to visit and ask for help.

Going home
12-12-10, 23:06
When you say you quit your job because it was causing your anxiety and depression to increase...did you have a plan in mind about what to do next or did you want to have a break from working for a while? Would it be an idea for you to work from home until you recover completely and can face the outside world again? By the way, 14k will last as long as it lasts...how long is a piece of string..its depends on your lifestyle. On my lifestyle, without paying a mortgage it would probably last a couple of years but then i'd be very sad not to have that money in the bank anymore! You have to try and get your confidence back somehow and choose a job where you won't be so stressed in the future.

Anna x