PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Troubled

u0000998
21-03-06, 10:52
Does anyone have a feeling that something is wrong and you do'nt know what it is? I spend my days walking around feeling that I have something on my mind, a very real troubled feeling but it is'nt related to anything other than how I am feeling.

This probably sounds mad - this anxiety etc makes me feel so alone I spend my whole life worrying that I am the worst case and no-one has ever felt like me.
jo

Jason37
21-03-06, 18:05
Dear Jo,
I don't want to speak for anyone else on the site - and by and large they are pretty good at speaking for themselves! - but I would hazard a guess that almost no-one on here HASN'T felt the way you described, at some point or other.
It's strange, my reading your post today - earlier I was talking to a friend and saying I felt really down and jumpy today, after a few really good days, and I couldn't understand why. In the end, we talked until I identified the source of my unease and anxiety. It was as small as something I had read in a book.
There may be a reason or a combination of reasons for how you feel. But it is very common not to be able to put your finger on what it is. Don't worry too much about that. It's possible you're processing stuff at a deeper level, and this is the brain's way of coping with that. It will deal with it in its own good time!
So no, it doesn't sound mad in the slightest. It sounds natural, normal and very familiar!
Spend any time on this site and you will almost certainly lose the notion that you are the worst case and no-one has ever felt like you! I can assure you they have. And many of them are getting better. You will too. The evidence is all around us!
Sending you smiles and hugs,
Jason

katyfitz
21-03-06, 18:28
the majority of the time mate i feel like this and its awful jason is right u will find alot of people in your shoes its another common anxiety symtpom x

Meg
21-03-06, 23:01
Its part of anxiety these uncertainties.

Makes it all continue the next day that feeling of impending doom

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

clickaway
21-03-06, 23:14
I definitely feel like that most days!

Just part of the 'deal' [Ugh]

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

sal
22-03-06, 00:57
Hi Jo

It is common how we feel with anxiety. We feel like something is going to come out of the dark and make us feel worse. Feel like we are getting on okay but there is something lerking that could just make it that much worse. Anticpation hun and rarely happens, just us thinking it cant get anyworse but also imagining that it could. Its a though process that we need to change and to stop thinking the worst. I still do it now.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

lildutt
22-03-06, 11:22
hi jo
you not alone on that one im like you hun
hugs
bell xx

sal
22-03-06, 23:35
Hi Jo thinking about you and hope to hear more from you soon.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

u0000998
23-03-06, 11:20
Thankyou for the replies - it does make me feel less alone - or stops me worrying - well for 5 mins anyway! I find it hard to believe that so many people can feel as bad as I do at times.

I think Meg was right when she mentioned a feeling of impending doom. I get that feeling for no apparent reason - can be anywhere and this horrible feeling just sweeps over me that something is'nt right or feelings of doom. It is less the physical sypmtoms that scare me - more the psychological ones of not being in control of your own mind.

Does anyone else have this?