PDA

View Full Version : anxious about going back to work - help!

NYC
12-12-10, 22:09
Yikes - i have been off work for the last six weeks - hormonal stuff has caused me to have huge anxiety - have been started on hormone treatmet which initially made everything worse - crying, anxious, headaches - panic attacks etc... i think the treatment is settling down but the big thing is that i am going to try and go back to work tom - i am peeing my pants - not sure i can do it. popped into my office tonight just to get a feel for being in the building - can't decide if it has made me feel worse or not. how do you know when you are ready to go back to work? Not sure sitting on the sofa waiting to be totally recovered will help either - help!!!!!!

Rob1970
12-12-10, 23:31
Make yourself go and accept the situation. When you get to dinner time and have 5 mins you will hopefully think what the heck you were worried about and actually you are content.
You have built up anxieties and played through non existant situations in your head blowing possibilities out of all proportion to what happens in real life. This is what i think is giving you the willies about getting back into work and everything that comes with it like social interaction and responsibilities.

Six weeks is a long time and it makes work seem like a lifetime away but be strict with yourself and make sure you enjoy it and try not to be het up and serious. Try to relax.