PDA

View Full Version : Constantly anxious about family.

bananarbabe10
13-12-10, 00:40
I live far away from my family (about 3000 miles). I have found myself being worried about their well being the last couple of days. A few weeks ago, I found out a family member suffers from depression. We also had a distant family member pass unexpectedly recently.

These events don't help my situation. I'm constantly worried something awful is happening such as someone dying, someone being sick, etc. I find myself checking my horoscope every five minutes and can't focus on getting some work done. I just want to talk this through with someone. Please help.

lisey123
18-12-10, 22:05
I can totally relate to how you feel as I experience the same types of worries. Im 35 now and married with 2 wonderful daughters but even as a child I would worry about my dad crashing his car or my brother getting sick. As soon as I married and had children I transferred all my worry about my parents and siblings to my daughters. I worry constantly about their health ( and my own), when they are out in the car with someone other than me, when they are at school, who they are with, stranger danger etc...... They can be 2 mins late home from the neighbours house and I'm ready to call 999. I just know that I love all these people so much that the thought of being away from them or losing them terrifies me beyond belief. Its a constant battle just to get through each day and to not let them see how anxious I am. My latest fear is that they will go to someones house who has a carbon monoxide problem in their heating system !!!! I promise you, you are NOT alone with this. It must be very difficult because you live far way but all I can say is that try and remember each day that life is for living. I gave my children life so they could live it - not so that I would spend all my time agonising and petrified that something bad might happen. You sound like you love your family very much and they are lucky to have you. Its great that they have you to care about their well being but they wouldn't want it to be at the expense of your own.Take good care, you will be alright, hold on tight!!!!! its very cliche but often theres nothing to fear except fear itself. xxx