PDA

View Full Version : Large throb in chest??

tony1
10-03-04, 08:41
Has anyone had this feeling before in there chest? I was upset with my son and the next the I know I feel this throb in my chest that only lasted about 2-3 seconds max. It felt almost like and electrical shock or a balloon expanding and deflating very quickly. It scared me beyond desription. I wonder if I was just upset and because I have been so fixated on my heart and chest area that I had some kind of a quick muscle spasm. When I used to get chronic headaches I remember having this feeling like something expanding and and deflating quickly in my head and finally got used to it happening every now and then. I just figured it was some kind of a muscle contraction due to being upset and tense. But this sensation in my chest is just too much. I thought I was it was the beginning of a heart attack or just heart failure. Any input is much appreciated.

Meg
10-03-04, 09:17
It is as you thought. A single skipped beat or double beat or as you say muscles contracting .
No big deal

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

tony1
10-03-04, 21:53
The part that scared me though was how noticeable or hard the sensation was.

uryjm
13-03-04, 09:04
Tony
Sounds like heart palpatations to me. I get these if I've taken too much caffeine, or if I'm stressed (or ususally a combination of both!) It is a very physical and disturbing sensation, like your heart is tripping over itself. It is totally harmless and, although I've had these on and off for years, I recently had a very thorough medical with loads of heart tests and I was totally normal. Just like I'm sure you are too!

Jim