PDA

View Full Version : I just stopped taking my Paxil three days ago

antomax
13-12-10, 04:57
I had panic attacks since 3/2010, I have been on Klonopin and was put on Paxil two months ago 12.5 mg. I did feel a slight improvement but I was still bound at home scared to go out any where.
I lost my insurance due to loss of job and my last pill was three days ago so I stopped it cold turkey and I can definitely feel the withdrwal symptoms really bad. I feel very weird, strange zaps in my head and chest, very nervous and scared. How long for the symptoms to go away?/
At the mean time I'm taking some vitamins and supplements to help me a little. i.e Multivitamin, magnesium, fish oil. I still have some klonopin that I take once a day to calm the withdrwal symptoms a little.
Any advice

antomax
13-12-10, 16:54
bump can someone please advice, I called a pharmacist and he said it takes anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks for the withdrawl to go away.
I feel horrible than before I started the meds

Groundhog
13-12-10, 17:57
Never a good idea to stop meds like that but you probably know that, one should reduce the dose gradually over a period. Hard to know what to suggest other than trying a natural remedy such as St Johns wort or similar if you cant get prescription drugs.

Dahlia
13-12-10, 18:23
Cold turkey from seroxat isn't fun at all - and it can last for up to 4 weeks. I would recommend coming down slower - it is possible to get seroxat in liquid form so you can go down to dosages not available as pills.

Good luck

Dahlia

mikegezhill
15-12-10, 16:44
Hi

I stopped paxil once cold turkey and put me in a very bad place

Obvious question but do you think you are ready to come off , is your head in the right place

If so it would be probaly best to seek medical attenation