PDA

View Full Version : It is here Again!!

jackie13
13-12-10, 07:13
Hi Guys

Not suffered from full blown panic or anxiety for a while now until last week!

Four years ago at this time I had a breakdown, felt like ending it all and ended up in hospital! Got the Xmas tree out at the weekend and the panic and anxiety are back with avengence! Can't sleep, eat have trouble talking and dreadful feelings of fear and dread.

I take 20mg of Citalopram which seems to work. My doctor refuses to give me diazepam to help me calm down when it's bad. I have one small tablet left from last year, do you think I should try and get some more?

My husband is fantastic with all of this and I do try to keep positive, it is just that sometimes it comes on so strong I don't know what to do:(

Jackie xx

michellemoo
13-12-10, 10:36
Hi Jackie,
I have some diazapam 2 mg in my cupboard that are there for emergencies,
Your doctor doesnt want to prescribe them because they are very addictive but if you explain you only want them for times of panic that you cant bring back down on your own he should prescribe them.
I rarely take one but just knowing they are there is a great support to me.
Hope this helps
Michelle

Groundhog
13-12-10, 12:15
Hi Jackie
I can understand doctors reluctance to prescribe diazepam it is evil stuff in my opinion, that said I have a couple in the cupboard for emergencies – I never take them but they are there and that is the way my doc looks at them he basically says you have some but don’t take them – does that make sense. Bit like a tightrope walker having a safety net, it’s there but a good idea not to have to use it just makes you feel more secure. Im sure if you talked rationally to your doc he/she would prescribe a couple.

Sadly, or not, Christmas ramps up anxiety in most people and us sufferers are more prone to attacks. :)

Del1970
13-12-10, 12:18
Is it Christmas that has brought it on Jackie? because if it is, just think of it this way 'Christmas is only a day' Keep trying to think positive and just enjoy being with your family and friends, Hope your feeling better soon anyway, you take care xx

jackie13
13-12-10, 13:44
Hi Guys

Thanks so much for reading my post and for all the replies.

I feel it must be the though of Xmas that has bought it on and what has happened in the past around this time.

I am going to take all your advice. The one diazepam I have in the cupboard is for emergencies and the doctor can see that I have had this for over a year. I will see if he will give me a couple more.

Jackie x

PUGLETMUM
13-12-10, 15:32
:hugs:hiya, i really feel for you - it seems to me that you are feeling anxious because you have made the connection between the time of year it is and what happened to you four years ago? even memories are enough to send us back into turmoil - but remember this isnt four years ago and you have come along way to recover from a breakdown - i agree with xmas really only being one day, and also i know it isnt much comfort but really alot of ppl are very unhappy at this time of year - you are not alone - i find it helps to cope with how you feel, when you know why you are feeling how you are - the anxiety tends to go down when you have some understanding of why you feel the way you do? take care x