PDA

View Full Version : Week 3

sop84
13-12-10, 10:18
Hey everyone.:hugs:

I'm back after a 5 days off, as I had a panic attack last Tuesday and then been suffering with a cold :( feeling much better today and well into my 3wks of citalopram. And glad to say no side effects other than the cold but then it could be the season :D

I'm now on the waiting for CBT, could be intil the end of January as the list is quite long but as long as i'm getting there its much better than being at the start. I'm proud of myself for getting this far, as before i've let myself get as far as making an doctors appointment and cancelling and now i'm hopefully half way :noangel:

Hows is everyone doing? xxxxxxxxxxxx

heavenly
13-12-10, 10:20
Hey everyone.:hugs:

I'm back after a 5 days off, as I had a panic attack last Tuesday and then been suffering with a cold :( feeling much better today and well into my 3wks of citalopram. And glad to say no side effects other than the cold but then it could be the season :D

I'm now on the waiting for CBT, could be intil the end of January as the list is quite long but as long as i'm getting there its much better than being at the start. I'm proud of myself for getting this far, as before i've let myself get as far as making an doctors appointment and cancelling and now i'm hopefully half way :noangel:

Hows is everyone doing? xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi there, you have had a rough few days but glad you are recovering. It won't be long til the end of Jan, so well done for arranging it!! :hugs:

I am on week 6, no anxiety for the past 3 weeks so that is great, I am getting the odd low mood blip but am seeing my gp tomorrow, don't want to go up to 30mg unless I really have to. Am doing what I can to alleviate the low moods, walking, changing my diet, keeping busy at work, reading positivity books, hopefully they will all help me. :D

sop84
13-12-10, 11:25
Which books would you recommend? And how have you changed your diet?, my diet is ok altho i'm addicted to caffeine and sugar :( xx

heavenly
13-12-10, 12:32
Which books would you recommend? And how have you changed your diet?, my diet is ok altho i'm addicted to caffeine and sugar :( xx

I cut out all caffeine when I started getting anxiety attacks and I gave up smoking as I know its a stimulant. It wasn't easy but the money saved on smoking now pays for my counselling! When I first went on Cit, I lost my appetite and lost loads of weight. When the Cit started t settle and the anxiety went, my appetite came back with a vengeance. I just kept eating a lot of sugar and fat, I craved it. But I know that is bad for depression so am now eating 3 meals a day and cutting out the chocolate, a little bit is fine but I was eating loads. I am eating loads more fruit and veg now as well and I try and walk as much as I can.

I am reading Feeling Good, the New Mood Therapy by Dr David Burns. Very reasonably priced and is really helping me to think positive.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Feeling-Good-New-Mood-Therapy/dp/0380810336/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1292243299&sr=1-1

I have also bought The Mindful Path to Self Compassion: Freeing Yourself from Destructive Thoughts and Emotions - haven't started that yet but its been recommended to me.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mindful-Path-Self-compassion-Christopher-Germer/dp/1593859759/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1292243392&sr=1-1

sop84
13-12-10, 12:59
Thanks I will give those a go :D I lost a little in the first 2wks of citalopram cos I felt so nauseaus but now my appetite is back and I'm worried about gaining weight as I'm a tad overweight as it is :huh: xx

heavenly
13-12-10, 13:06
Thanks I will give those a go :D I lost a little in the first 2wks of citalopram cos I felt so nauseaus but now my appetite is back and I'm worried about gaining weight as I'm a tad overweight as it is :huh: xx

I lost loads first 2 weeks on Cit so I think my body just craved lots of calories but enough is enough now, my clothes are feeling tight and I know that too much sugar is not good for depression so I need to eat regularly, not skip meals or anything, but eat healthily.

sop84
13-12-10, 14:35
Yeah sounds like a gud plan. I'm gunna do the same :)

heavenly
13-12-10, 14:37
Yeah sounds like a gud plan. I'm gunna do the same :)

Keep me posted. xx

sop84
13-12-10, 14:41
Will do, one of things I find hard to deal with is the way I look :( I'm only a tad overweight (3stone) and don't look particularly mahousive lol but why do I feel like it! I'm constantly afraid of what people think of me. But I have no motivation to go on a diet :blush:xx

sop84
14-12-10, 09:46
Saw my gp last night and shes keeping me on the citalopram for another month and then see how I get on with both that and the cbt.

Feeling very agitated today, not sure if its because I didn't get much sleep last night or just having a blip day xx

heavenly
14-12-10, 09:52
Saw my gp last night and shes keeping me on the citalopram for another month and then see how I get on with both that and the cbt.

Feeling very agitated today, not sure if its because I didn't get much sleep last night or just having a blip day xx

How long have you been on Cit for? Its week 6 for me, I am giving it to 8 weeks before I decide if I need to up to 30mg, I am trying some self help things in the meantime.

sop84
14-12-10, 10:47
Only 3wks. I've been reading Claire weeks which is quite helpful.

Just feel at a loose end today :( might be the lack of sleep and this stupid cold tho xx

sop84
17-12-10, 08:35
Agitation turned into another panic attack and more time off :( just feeling so tearful and just feel like i'm never gunna get better x

heavenly
17-12-10, 09:31
Agitation turned into another panic attack and more time off :( just feeling so tearful and just feel like i'm never gunna get better x

Cit can take up to 6-8 weeks to kick so try and hang on in there, do you have something for the anxiety? I have Diaz for emergencies but luckily not had to take any for the past 2 months. See your GP before Christmas if you feel you need to, keep me posted. xx

sop84
17-12-10, 09:41
Thanks Heavenly :hugs:

I will make an appointment before the xmas holiday begins x

heavenly
17-12-10, 09:46
Thanks Heavenly :hugs:

I will make an appointment before the xmas holiday begins x

Good idea. :hugs: