PDA

View Full Version : i cant take this anymore

hay28
13-12-10, 13:12
am new have only had this problem for 1/2 weeks but i cant bear this feeling anymore and cant bear that this could go on for the rest of my life..
am 32 with a young family
i cant take my kids to school because of the panic and feeling i get when i go out am always in tears
it started on a friday when i was on a bus and all of a suden i started to freak out for no reason head went light and felt very funny and had to get of the bus
then happen again a couple of days later but now the fear is there from the moment i wake up to the moment i try to go tosleep
even feel fearfull in my own home
doctor gave me diazepam 2mg once every eight hours as required and also citalopram 10mg once in morning
diaz dont even help me and i have been even worse with the citalopram more fearfuuly sleep is bad headache and dizziness when i stand but that goes
i cant really eat anything just very little and have lost 1 stone in 4 days
my kids are getting upset seeing me crying all the time my partner is great but its been hard for him to see me like this when two weeks ago i was fine..
only been on the pills for 3 days i know it takes time but please tell me i will be back to myself soon i dont want to live like this

jen1983
13-12-10, 13:15
Hun

I can totally relate to what you are going through right now, it is very hard and a horrible illness. i have been like it now for 10 weeks, i too am on citalopram like you but have upped to 40mg, as it was working but i felt a blip again so doc upped it.

It takes time for the citalopram to get into your system i started having good days week 6 of being on them, but everyone if different so it may not be that long for you.

I too have two young children under the age of 3years, and its so horrible as all u want to do is enjoy them but you cant and you feel like you are shouting at them all the time.

It will get better hun i promise..... xxx

hay28
13-12-10, 13:34
Thanks for your reply
when my pills kick in will I be able to at least take my kids to school
or going shopping with out the fear

lindor
14-12-10, 21:58
It does take a good 10 days to 2 weeks for the tablets to kick in. Panic can hit anyone at anytime and the root of it is depression but the meds do help and make you feel normal again.

I have been through this off and on for many years. I am fine now and easing myself off the meds slowly but I know how awful it is but you will feel better eventually.

HarrogateChris
14-12-10, 22:07
Hi Hay,

It can take a little while for the pills to kick in, but hang on in there. It will pass. You'll be OK :hugs:

Chris

aba77
14-12-10, 22:56
I agree with the everybody above I'm on Day 13 of my meds 20mg . Two days ago I didn't think I could go on had bad side effects but today thankgod I've had a good day and hope it only gets better. Give the tablets time I no how your feeling x

mandie
14-12-10, 23:40
Hi

It will take a few weeks for them to get into your system but then you should start to feel better.

Iv been on citalopram for about 8 weeks now and i am so much better and getting back into shops again is such a relief. I still have bad days but more good days now.

Its such a horrible thing to have to go through, but you will get better.

love mandie xx

Anxious_gal
15-12-10, 00:08
Therapy therapy therapy........... CBT is very good.
sure medications do help, but one that "relax" you are addictive, a band aid and do not fix the problem.
it sounds like you may start to be getting agoraphobic and believe me you do not want to go down that road, it seems like the easy route, i'll just stay home until i feel better, well you could be waiting alone time and before you know the mere thought of going out side causes you to get anxious.
It must be so hard to have children to look after and trying to fight off the anxiety,
I don't mean to sound harsh, just that you say your some what new to anxiety and the faster you get some therapy the quicker you will feel better :)

yvonne_uk_98
15-12-10, 00:35
Hi Hay,

Sorry your not feeling too good, hope you feel better soon. Citalopram takes time to work and you will start to feel better, Keep posting in here and let us know how you are doing, you will get support here on nmp. :hugs:

Yvonne