PDA

View Full Version : loss of appetite is this mean its coming back help ?

honeyp1e
13-12-10, 15:05
i have always suffered from anxiety and i lately just went downhill anxiety got real bad and i lost all appetite for about 4-5 months just having basically a biscuit a day nothing more but now the past 8-9 days i have been eating but small ie - breakfast 1-2 toast (biscuits in between) then ham sandwich (sometimes crisp or more biscuits or choc bar etc.. then later on in night time maybe more toast or something, could be snack b4 i go bed any way the past 3 days i am feeling hunger 24/7 even after i have eating am craving different things and wanting more food (i am also emetophobia which played a big part in this loss of appetite as i was scared and still am a bit to eat more jjust incase i make my self vomit etc...) but what can i do why do i still feel hunger or craving all foods does this mean i should eat?

i have now just started last week treatment for my anxiety seeing a counsellor also a dietitian : my 2nd appointment is on thus this week i am going to have my dinner soon and try something other than bread or biscuits lol

am just a bit confused my doctor also said eat little and often instead of big means what i want to no is how often ?? 1,2,3 hours etc.. and eat what ?? this is where i am getting stuck

Vixxy
13-12-10, 16:14
Eat little and often means, to eat small meals as and when you're hungry. So maybe cheese on toast or cereals. If you're not hungry then try to eat something every 2-3 hours, like a cracker or a biscuit.
Unfortunately, you've got the problems that I had. I stopped eating for 5 months and when I did start to eat again I had exactly what you describe. I would get easily bloated and had more wind. It's just your body getting used to digesting again. It does pass, it's just a case of sticking with it :)

honeyp1e
13-12-10, 20:15
or if i do eat i get bad poo pains like period pains feelings.... then cos i have health anxiety am emetophobic i start to freak out my mum tells me its just because i am starting to eat again my bowels need to be emptied but i didnt realize how fast that can happen ?

Vixxy
14-12-10, 09:37
I had a lot of problems with my bowels too. They're not used to working properly, and now you're asking them to digest again. I'm also emetophobic, I got around the pains by making myself check where they were. Ie, if theyre in the lower part of my intestines I won't be sick because my stomach is a lot higher up.

honeyp1e
15-12-10, 12:49
yes thats what am like at checking myself out (were is the pain etc) i hate bein this way feels the phobia is taking over :-( and right now with suffering from extreme acid reflux am having bad nausea so that dont help me either :-(