PDA

View Full Version : just a little warning

ems43
13-12-10, 18:02
I have just stopped pregablin after only using it for 14 days at 150mg. I didn't get ont too well with them, so agreed with my pdoc to stop. I cut down to 75mg a day for 4 days then stopped. Now at first i didn't put it down to stopping the meds, but i noticed my anxiety really increasing, insomina, hot and colds sweats, very racing mind. Having spoken to my GP today it appears they are withdrawel symptoms and I probably came off them too quickly. Apparently they should be cut down very slowly, even if have only been on them a short time. I am determiend to stick with the withdrawel symptoms now as have been off them nearly a week. Perhaps I'm just unlucky but just wanted to warn people to consider coming off them really slowly. I know they have been a great help to say many people and I'm sure these side effects can be reduced if you cut down slower than i did!x

keval
28-12-10, 18:50
Hello ems43,

Many thanks for your valuable advice.

I have been on pregabalin for several weeks at varying doses. But I am seriously thinking of withdrawing from this medication. When you say "Apparently they should be cut down very slowly, even if have only been on them a short time", I would welcome any guidance on this. I have an appointment with my GP next week and withdrawal from pregabalin is very much on my agenda.

Any additional guidance would be greatly appreciated.

keval

ems43
29-12-10, 00:01
Hi Keval, from the info I read on the internet from people withdrawing from pregablin it appeared to suggest to cut down by about 25mg a week. Now I'm not sure how realistic this is and whether this is for people on it longer term. But people who were on it for reasons other than anxiety to start with stated they had anxiety when they stopped. So I would go slow... but on the plus side my withdrawal only lasted about two weeks!x ( and, some of it could be linked to other variables but I def had withdrawal symptoms, eg, shivering, couldn't get body temperature right, which I guess I could not put down to just normal fluctuations in anxiety. I'm really sorry it hasn't helped you either x