PDA

View Full Version : Setback or do I give up?

nutteetart
13-12-10, 23:23
Really low.

After suffering with panic disorder and now chronic agoraphobia for 10 years, i have been seeing a psych and his cbt therapist wife privately (Skint), for a year.

The shrink put me on Pregabalin which worked well at first but i keep taking two steps forward then travel 3 back again. The shrink has now said that he cant help me any further and that he feels that if i could afford it, he would prefer to admit me to the clinic. At £600 a day, its obviously not an option and im not sure i could do it anyway. How would i even get there?

I just feel that i am never going to live again. Never going to look forward to a holiday or a night out with the girls. Never going to see my son play footy or enjoy the things i used to. I cant even have people visit me easily. My friend came round earlier and she ended up leaving because she could see me struggling.

Feels like there is nothing left. I cant opt out and i cant opt in. I am stuck. Cant do this alone and i am unconvinced i can do it AGAIN.

yvonne_uk_98
13-12-10, 23:29
Hi Nutteetart,

Sorry you are feeling so low, sorry your going through this, dont give up. through the help and support on here you will get through this. keep posting here, let us know how your doing.

Yvonne:hugs: