PDA

View Full Version : feeling so much better.

Granny Primark
14-12-10, 07:47
As most of you know 6 weeks ago I realised I was begining to worry I was drinking everytime I had a problem that I couldnt cope with.
6 weeks I sought help and decided I never wanted touch a glass of wine again.
Yesterday I began a detox. I was so worried.
Yet yesterday I was blessed with the most understanding cpn who is going to help.
Ithought last night I would crave for a glass of wine while watching coronation st. No chance.
I feel calmer and last night I had my first proper nights sleep in the last few years.Ive woke up this morning feeling refreshed and looking forward to the day ahead.
I know im going have bad days but ive got a lot of support from my new friend Eileen the cpn and from my hubby.
Also they have told me the support is going be on going once the detox is over. The cbt ive waited for for years is going be hurried up and they have even told me they will help me get voluntary work.
Seems too good to be true at the moment. But ive got loads of support and i want to make the cpn and my hubby be proud of me.
I want a life back. I want get rid of this anxiety and do my best to be the person I used to be that was always laughing and doing the mad things I did before. i.e tap dancing on the table, dressing up and carol singing as santa on the neighbours doors. (and that was til a few years ago and without ever smelling a drink let alone drinking one)
Ive got a big challenge ahead, but God willing I can do this.
Thanks for all your support.

bottleblond
14-12-10, 09:23
Lynn that's fantastic news hun. :yesyes:

You are a very brave lady and i'm proud of you!

Love Lisa
xxx
:hugs:

paula lynne
14-12-10, 10:06
Keep going Lynn, you will get through this x BIG HUGS FROM WALES :hugs:

JaneC
14-12-10, 11:39
That's brilliant Lynn :hugs: hope things continue to go well xx

Vixxy
14-12-10, 12:11
Glad it's going well for you :)